What's new

Tobacquisitions - October 2017

#23 has landed and she is a real beauty. I’d like to thank everyone involved with this process. Thank you for the generous sample, too!

proxy.php

I hate math.
SO DO I! :001_tongu But it's the first year, I learned quite a bit for the exam and had a good run when writing it.
I usually prefer German (equivalent to your English lessons) and writing, too! In fact we are writing German exam tomorrow, about communication-models (Schulz von Thun) and text analysis. I'm generally strong in languages and "talking classes" (philosophy f.e.), but weak in math, biology and stuff... But thanks for the kind words, impressed you made a B in ALGEBRA and computer programming.......... :a17: I'm like a old codger when it comes to computers.

Yea, 5 Brothers is awesome! Having some Kendal Dark for after-breakfast right now!
Have nice day brothers of the briar!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Received a very clean Zenith porcelain pipe. These are great smokers, and if you like clays, you should check them out.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porcelain pipe
Beautiful pipe...! But it being porcelain explains why the 2nd (the top down) picture reminded me of a dirty toilet before scrolling all the way up :ciappa:

I've seen procelains on eBay before..how do they smoke? I wasn't sure of their smokabilty and qualities.
Enjoy this beauty!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Beautiful pipe...! But it being porcelain explains why the 2nd (the top down) picture reminded me of a dirty toilet before scrolling all the way up :ciappa:

I've seen procelains on eBay before..how do they smoke? I wasn't sure of their smokabilty and qualities.
Enjoy this beauty!

Lol! Yeah, the inside of the bowl is unglazed so it does take on that "dirty" look. These pipes smoke well, but I will basically use it as a tool to taste tobacco, rather than something I smoke regularly. The pipes smoke like clay pipes and do not impart any flavor to the tobacco. Additionally, the way they're formed creates a double-walled effect, almost like a small calabash chamber below and around the bowl, so there's a lot of surface area to absorb moisture and unlike a clay the outside of the pipe stays cool enough to handle. I definitely recommend trying one!

The Zenith pipes were sold under the names Zenith, Amsterdam, and Old Mokum (and maybe others), so search around. Many of them are delft painted. There are similar porcelain pipes made by Goedewaggen, but I have seen some of those with glazed chambers--you definitely want unglazed. Also, there is another porcelain pipe maker--LePeltier--and I've heard those pipes are excellent as well.

Top Bottom