What's new

Tobacquisitions - November 2020

A little anse from Morgan Bones, a couple tins, and some stuff for blending.
F603E5A7-E9F9-44D2-A8DE-3ACFFFB64539.jpeg

C88DC994-95CC-4833-BA18-85C79CC6908C.jpeg

88AE2F8A-3758-48B6-B864-B619010D8026.jpeg

I received a package from Watch City today. Simply VOriental, Nor’easter, Stubbs Pipe, and Old Black Magic. The first and last are new to me.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Got another Sydney P Ram off the Bay. This sucker is huge. Amazing to find a pipe made in the 1930’ to early 1940’s that hasn’t even been broken in. The stem was heavily oxidized and rough but I sanded, polished and waxed it and it looks new. Will have t run a bunch of CH through it to get some cake in it Smoking Revelation at the moment. This has been a genuinely fine surprise and for next to nothin’.
4A24C6DA-1EAD-4288-9460-A7953C6A151E.jpeg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
My delayed, but still delivered on time, SP order came today. More Gaslight, some Christmas tins, two shank reamers, and two new Petes. Newgrange Spigot 01, and Christmas 2020 999.

IMG_20201119_230936753.jpg

I was most excited about the pipes, of course, and the reamers. A Peterson spigot has been on my wishlist for a long time, but they've always been out of my price range. This one technically still is, but not by much. Close enough to make an exception, just this once. And I didn't have any real Christmas pipes. There are two or three that I consider Christmas pipes, based on the fact that I got them around Christmas time, or I can see myself sitting by the fire (that I don't actually have) smoking them and reading "A Christmas Carol," but they're not officially Christmas pipes. The reamers are nice because they're long (necessary for the Canadians), and less likely to damage the pipe, as opposed to my previous method of using a cordless drill.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
My delayed, but still delivered on time, SP order came today. More Gaslight, some Christmas tins, two shank reamers, and two new Petes. Newgrange Spigot 01, and Christmas 2020 999.

View attachment 1184563

I was most excited about the pipes, of course, and the reamers. A Peterson spigot has been on my wishlist for a long time, but they've always been out of my price range. This one technically still is, but not by much. Close enough to make an exception, just this once. And I didn't have any real Christmas pipes. There are two or three that I consider Christmas pipes, based on the fact that I got them around Christmas time, or I can see myself sitting by the fire (that I don't actually have) smoking them and reading "A Christmas Carol," but they're not officially Christmas pipes. The reamers are nice because they're long (necessary for the Canadians), and less likely to damage the pipe, as opposed to my previous method of using a cordless drill.

Getting a Peterson Spigot is always exciting!

True. She already has my jewels in the ringer about some of the other stuff I recently acquired. The line, “oh, I already had that one”, isnt working as often.

Oh, do I feel you there . . . not tobacco, or pipe/cigars. I just bought a small propane powered radiant heater for under the carport. I told her it was so that her g/fs who are coming by on Sunday for "Christmas crafts" (an annual thing) will be comfortable, but really, it's so I won't freeze my tushie during winter smokes.

I’m going on 16 years so I’m still on the Honeymoon stage compared to youse guyz.

Just celebrated 26 years, sometimes it feels like 50 years and sometimes it still feels like new. We make each other better, that’s still true.
And she doesn’t mind all my acquisition disorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom