What's new

Tobacquisitions- May 2019

FFEBE805-0AEF-40D4-9E47-24E79B9310E1.jpeg
E6C07A80-375F-4897-B9A4-4D3CB70133C4.jpeg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
For long term storage - i’ve got a large heated/cooled unit that has a Cigar Oasis electronic humidification system for primary humidity and two pounds of 65% Heartfelt Beads as an emergency backup, and to help ensure over humidification doesn’t become a problem. I generally only keep Cubans, Opus X’s and a few others I find tend to like lower humidity.

For sticks I intend to smoke within the next ~2 years or so, I have three other humidors (Savoy Executive, Daniel Marshall, Diamond Crown) with Boveda packs as a primary, but one has a cigar oasis as well. My favorite of the four is surprisingly the Savoy Exec - as it’s pre-configured to fit two 320gr Boveda Packs, and it’s unique seal system works extremely well - so there’s basically zero maintenance required for ~2 years - and then only 1 minute of swapping the 320gr packs out with new ones.

100 years later . . . I thank you for this.

Value is massively important. Nobody needs more complications in their lives. Being able to leave something alone for months without checking is massively good.

I very quickly changed to the Heartfelt beads after purchasing my two humidors and where I'm storing boxes I put Boveda packs in. Seems to be working well. Replacing some now for boxes I put away 6 and 9 months back. I'm not thrilled with the Stainless steel holders I bought from Heartfelt as they seem to be developing rust. They will work for another decade . . . but just a dumb choice on my part.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Tin of Sutliff's Taste of Summer peaches & cream and an ounce of C&D Autumn Evening from a local B&M.

IMG_0310.jpg

The Mrs. Moe and I just spent a couple days in KC. I like to walk through Diebel's in Country Club Plaza. I usually pick up a cigar or two and check out the pipe tobacco. I'm not sure how many times I pinched myself.........

20190526_132232.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The Mrs. Moe and I just spent a couple days in KC. I like to walk through Diebel's in Country Club Plaza. I usually pick up a cigar or two and check out the pipe tobacco. I'm not sure how many times I pinched myself.........

View attachment 984334

Nice! Be sure to keep those foil bags in a air tight container. Mine developed pinholes :(.

Top Bottom