What's new

Tobacquisitions- May 2019

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sorringowl & Sons pipe roll, tobacco pouch, and tobacco mat in maduro brown Crazy Horse leather.

proxy.php

An estate Brebbia 6007 bent billiard.

proxy.php

Watch City Ahab's Comfort

proxy.php

Drucquer & Sons Levant Mixture

proxy.php

Peterson Irish Flake

proxy.php
Sad to think Sorringowl is calling it quits- beautiful work.

Picked these up at the post office today. I did request that they ship them in an envelope instead of a box as the envelopes will fit in my mailbox and are more likely to slip through customs without attracting notice. (a request that I make often and was actually highlighted on the packing slip) Unfortunately the package that I picked up was a box large enough for 50 cigars. Oh well, I can’t really complain. I do order from this company quite often and the service is usually top notch. The prices are good, the international shipping is cheap, and at least they ship to Canada. I just can’t help but wonder, if they were in an envelope... Time to forget about it and enjoy a bowl. :001_cool:
94F43794-FE89-4110-B7F7-4568A3680189.jpeg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Last summer a friend of mine, who is of legal age to smoke but not of age to purchase tobacco online, asked me to buy some cigars for him. He eventually decided they weren't his thing, so a couple days ago he asked me if I wanted them. Sure. The downside is that he didn't take them with him when he went back to college last fall. They've been sitting in his room here at the resort, unhumidified, for the better part of a year. The upside is that he only smoked a few before he decided he didn't like them. Out of a box of 60, there are probably around 55 left. And at first squeeze they don't feel too crispy. And I'm cheap.

IMG_20190517_225346668.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
@Kilroy6644 If they are dry cured cheroots they should handle lack of humidification well. I don't humidify my Parodis...
I don't humidify my De Nobilis either, but unfortunately, Red Lions aren't dry cured. I smoked one last night and one this morning, and they definitely need a little attention. But they aren't in really bad shape, which surprised me.

Got this lighter today. Same seller as the last brass lighter I grabbed. Also recently got some imco copies. They seem to work equally as well as the original thing.

20190518_173825.jpg

20190518_173807.jpg

20190514_173156.jpg

20190514_173012.jpg

20190514_173206.jpg

Can you tell us more about your humidors?

For long term storage - i’ve got a large heated/cooled unit that has a Cigar Oasis electronic humidification system for primary humidity and two pounds of 65% Heartfelt Beads as an emergency backup, and to help ensure over humidification doesn’t become a problem. I generally only keep Cubans, Opus X’s and a few others I find tend to like lower humidity.

For sticks I intend to smoke within the next ~2 years or so, I have three other humidors (Savoy Executive, Daniel Marshall, Diamond Crown) with Boveda packs as a primary, but one has a cigar oasis as well. My favorite of the four is surprisingly the Savoy Exec - as it’s pre-configured to fit two 320gr Boveda Packs, and it’s unique seal system works extremely well - so there’s basically zero maintenance required for ~2 years - and then only 1 minute of swapping the 320gr packs out with new ones.

Top Bottom