What's new

Tobacquisitions - March 2018

Nording Hunter blends: Labrador, Fox Hound, and Pointer.

proxy.php
Nice!
I've had Labrador. Its a good aro. I have some Beagle, Pointer, and Retriever, but I've yet to try any of them.

20180321_165343.jpg
A Briar Works sandblasted Apple. Came a day early, along with a MM Diplomat, a pound of HH Lat Flake and several hundred pipe cleaners. Pictures don't do this blast justice.

Got a package from Istanbul! It is nicely carved. The stem is a little tweaked. There was a gap where the stem meets the silver because the surfaces weren't completely parallel. I heated and slighty tweaked the tennon to compensate and pretty much eliminate the gap. The bend in the stem is also slightly twisted but it doesn't bother me. If it does later I'm sure I can tweak it back to be more level. Draw is good though! Can't wait to try it out!

20180321_184212.jpg

20180321_184315.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Got a package from Istanbul! It is nicely carved. The stem is a little tweaked. There was a gap where the stem meets the silver because the surfaces weren't completely parallel. I heated and slighty tweaked the tennon to compensate and pretty much eliminate the gap. The bend in the stem is also slightly twisted but it doesn't bother me. If it does later I'm sure I can tweak it back to be more level. Draw is good though! Can't wait to try it out!

View attachment 869451

View attachment 869452

I like that one, Mark. Nice!

View attachment 869451

View attachment 869452
Beautiful!! I must acquire a Meer soon!

View attachment 869451

View attachment 869452
Nice pickup!

So, my treasurepipes treasure arrived today...

20180321_165823.jpg

2014 J.Alan, in great shape and super light (28g). And a steal. I'll find out how she smokes next month, but I have high expectations.

IMG_7003.JPG

Pietenpauw billiard (named Jerobaum) finally arrived. Roughly 1 month to ship from S. Africa - not bad. Great carver with a dry sense of humor and impressive customer service.. Pics of this pipe on his website are way better, but thought this one emphasized the awesome Cumberland stem... Uncarbonized bowl and Tamarind 'adornment'/extension are washed out by my flash and look much better in person... Sweet blast with a smooth rim. Trying to perfect my photo sizing/scaling as I know I've slipped a few 15 MB whopper photos/posts in this thread by accident/ignorance.. Better shots when the weather improves (30F here in the "D" today).

Last few pipes from @Ponycarman, @showard, and @Price are slick..

Top Bottom