What's new

Tobacquisitions- June 2019

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
D859E116-3F7F-4775-8AC6-F3B75C2D668D.jpeg

20190603_190910.jpg

Dang, I put in an order with SP and I can't believe I forgot to add the 6 yo Capstan to the order. I'll chalk that up to computer error. These are all new to me, and as I smoke the PV, It's realized that this one definitely needs some time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
View attachment 987276

Dang, I put in an order with SP and I can't believe I forgot to add the 6 yo Capstan to the order. I'll chalk that up to computer error. These are all new to me, and as I smoke the PV, It's realized that this one definitely needs some time.
The Pure Virginia, as with all VAs, will get better with time. I found PV to be great fresh, which is why I prefer it to Full Virginia Flake. Have you tried it in another pipe? I thought it was an okay tobacco, but when I smoked it in the 2018 LE pipe (which has a conical bore) it became stellar (to me). Do you have a conical bore pipe, or one with a smaller diameter bore?

The Pure Virginia, as with all VAs, will get better with time. I found PV to be great fresh, which is why I prefer it to Full Virginia Flake. Have you tried it in another pipe? I thought it was an okay tobacco, but when I smoked it in the 2018 LE pipe (which has a conical bore) it became stellar (to me). Do you have a conical bore pipe, or one with a smaller diameter bore?
Good to know. I do have a bent Dublin with a conical bowl. I'll give that a try for sure. Thanks for the input.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good to know. I do have a bent Dublin with a conical bowl. I'll give that a try for sure. Thanks for the input.
I had always heard that conical bores were perfect for VAs. I didn’t believe it made a difference, but found out that it really does

Nice haul. If you are putting them in a humidor/coolidor take the plastic off. If not, then they should be at least put in a freezer bag with a Boveda in it or something to keep the humidity up.
They're in a ziploc (airtite) tote, with 5 or 6 60g bovedas.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
One pound of Dark Fired and one pound of Light Fired whole leaf from Leaf Only. I will press a little for the pipe and twist the rest for chew.
proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
As Joel was unwrapping it I was wondering where the stem for that pipe was. 20th Anniversary Burl 150 count humi if I'm not mistaken. Eye candy for sure.

Top Bottom