What's new

Tobacquisitions - June 2018

Escudo in my new Larrysson Sequoia

IMG_0392.jpg

Damn, dude...

Whoa nice!
Thanks you two! It's the first pipe I've had with a v-shaped bowl and it's smoking Escudo like it was born to do it. I may dedicate this pipe to smoking straight Virginias and VaPers. Either my tastes are changing or my Escudo has in the last 6 months I've had it. I'm liking it more than usual. Maybe I'm maturing as a smoker, lol...

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Thanks you two! It's the first pipe I've had with a v-shaped bowl and it's smoking Escudo like it was born to do it. I may dedicate this pipe to smoking straight Virginias and VaPers. Either my tastes are changing or my Escudo has in the last 6 months I've had it. I'm liking it more than usual. Maybe I'm maturing as a smoker, lol...

I think it’s both! I have discovered for myself that some Va’s and Burley seem much tastier in pipes dedicated to those blends.

I think it’s both! I have discovered for myself that some Va’s and Burley seem much tastier in pipes dedicated to those blends.

I cut 3 of my pipes out of the herd for Va's and so far I haven't enjoyed them like I'm enjoying this bowl. This is my first pipe of the day though and normally I've already smoked a couple bowls of English or Balkan before smoking any Va's. Maybe that's the secret. Maybe my buds have been getting fried by the latakia. I'm still learning...

7 oz McClelland 2010 Classic Virginia from a local Tinder Box that does not have much of pipe scene. The guy looked at me funny when he asked how much and I said all of it.

They had some 2040 and 2045 I could go back and buy.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I cut 3 of my pipes out of the herd for Va's and so far I haven't enjoyed them like I'm enjoying this bowl. This is my first pipe of the day though and normally I've already smoked a couple bowls of English or Balkan before smoking any Va's. Maybe that's the secret. Maybe my buds have been getting fried by the latakia. I'm still learning...

I have definitely noticed that sometimes after a certain meal certain cigars are extra tasty.
Some blends from HU Tobacco arrived:
Indaba, Nyala, and Makhuwa.

proxy.php

HU Tobacco's book:

proxy.php

I would guess they are stronger tobaccos?

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
There may be something to that. I love my Latakia, but I generally do not smoke English or Balkan blends on the same days that I smoke Virginias or VaBurs.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A clay, two stems, and some homemade Krumble Kake from @Mike H . Thanks a lot, Mike. Can I ask what the components of the KK are?

clay.JPG

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
50% burley, 25% red va, 25% blending perique. A few drops of rice wine vinegar.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I think I will be trying some tomorrow. It will be nice having a clay again. This is the perfect pipe to keep at work- probably a 10 or 15 minute smoke. I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom