What's new

Tobacquisitions - July 2019

What kind of crazy, mixed up, responsible world are we living in when today is the 12th of the month, and nobody has even started a tobacquisitions thread? What kind of slackers are we here? Shameful, gentlemen. Shameful.

Employing the "there is no such thing as a bad Greg Pease blend" principle, i grabbed just a couple tins of Penny Farthing to stash away, along with a handful of Padron natural churchills for the golf course.

20190712_192631.jpg

Have not placed a tobacco order in a while as i have been trying to work thru what i have first....as least a little bit hahaha. This was last order:

Stokebye's Pistachio- love Pistahios so had to try this one, it is not as "nutty" as you may expect but almost has a light Almond vibe.

Lane 1Q- not bad but not as good as people make it out to be IMO.

Cult Blood Red Moon- favorite so far! Not a Cherry fan but this stuff is excellent.

Sutliff Custard Cream Vanilla- super moist needs to be aired out a bit but great flavor and inexpensive, great room note as well!

Lane Mocha Strips- really like this one! Comes in strips that look like beef jerky and has a chocolate flavor with perhaps a bit of coffee.

I have a Ser Jacopo Gepetto coming to me tomorrow or the day after. Is there a type of tobacco it likes better?

Just got back from Cuba and here’s what came back with me. We have a box of Punch Punch, a box of H. Upmann No. 2, a box of Partagas D4’s, and a box of Montecristo Edmundos. I really wanted to find a box of Montecristo No. 2’s, but alas, no one had them in stock. (No Behikes either)
My humidor is going to be very happy.

DB5FF8F7-9555-458E-8B67-AF69A83266D6.jpeg
67E9F9C7-28D2-4E86-AE7C-64B419E45F21.jpeg
48AC2A9C-5CF7-4DD9-95B3-92167DACB846.jpeg
91906B93-3A01-4F25-97E7-0A1C7534AE00.jpeg
9FF16199-2A9C-423F-BE8F-803BB66CED9B.jpeg

Just got back from Cuba and here’s what came back with me. We have a box of Punch Punch, a box of H. Upmann No. 2, a box of Partagas D4’s, and a box of Montecristo Edmundos. I really wanted to find a box of Montecristo No. 2’s, but alas, no one had them in stock. (No Behikes either)
My humidor is going to be very happy.

View attachment 1000042 View attachment 1000038 View attachment 1000039 View attachment 1000040 View attachment 1000041
This post is full of win.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Stopped at Edward’s Pipe and Tobacco in Englewood, CO. Nice selection of cigars and pipe tobacco (alas, no Penzance). Picked up four tins of Pembroke and some Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. For a B&M in a nice shopping district, the prices weren’t bad. It was $15.95 a tin for Pembroke, and a dollar less for the Orlik.

744C838C-2D45-4955-92D2-0F2B0D664615.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Stopped at Edward’s Pipe and Tobacco in Englewood, CO. Nice selection of cigars and pipe tobacco (alas, no Penzance). Picked up four tins of Pembroke and some Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. For a B&M in a nice shopping district, the prices weren’t bad. It was $15.95 a tin for Pembroke, and a dollar less for the Orlik.

View attachment 1000076
The wife just told me what she spent shopping with the daughter. The pipe store has more Pembroke- I think I will buy more tomorrow.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Luckily she felt so guilty that she suggested it when I mentioned that they had more. It was really no big deal, she only spent about $600 (I had planned on more), but I’d be crazy not to take advantage. :)

Luckily she felt so guilty that she suggested it when I mentioned that they had more. It was really no big deal, she only spent about $600 (I had planned on more), but I’d be crazy not to take advantage. :)
You don’t want her to feel guilty. It’s your duty as a husband to relieve her of this burden and buy more tobacco.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
14oz Russ’ Snickerdoodle
Tap dat Ash rubber ashtray
Flints for a DuPont lighter

Top Bottom