What's new

Tobacquisitions: January 2020

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Yep! Personally I’d leave the charring, or maybe go at it gently w q-tips and spit. On a Corello, just about anything you do to address it has the risk of making it look worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1.

Any attempt to lift that risks spreading it.

A little lip discoloration is part of the charm of a broken-in natural.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yep! Personally I’d leave the charring, or maybe go at it gently w q-tips and spit. On a Corello, just about anything you do to address it has the risk of making it look worse.

+1.

Any attempt to lift that risks spreading it.

A little lip discoloration is part of the charm of a broken-in natural.

I like to live dangerously gents lol. Bradley from Stuff and Things used alcohol on his estate Corallo with pretty good results so I did the same. The lack of any stain or varnish on the thing seems to help with the cleaning process.
image.jpg

All the rubbing burnished the charred area a bit so I’ll leave well enough alone already. It’ll get all black on my first smoke anyways but it’s fun to clean up an estate

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Got my obsidian oil the other day. Also got some stuff from Vermont freehand and woodcraft that will go into some pipe repairs and modifications I think.

A stem funneling tool and two stem blanks (just in case I screw one up lol) from vermont freehand.
View attachment 1054346

Also a book on pipemaking. Then from woodcraft I grabbed a few pen blanks that might go into cob modifications or tampers. As well as some acrylic blanks that might be some small cob stems. Just tinkering trying to learn some of this as I can. Still in need of better lathe tools. The ones I currently have are very limiting.

View attachment 1054347

I need that funneling tool. I see them on PIMO but never get around to ordering.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I like to live dangerously gents lol. Bradley from Stuff and Things used alcohol on his estate Corallo with pretty good results so I did the same. The lack of any stain or varnish on the thing seems to help with the cleaning process.
View attachment 1054779

All the rubbing burnished the charred area a bit so I’ll leave well enough alone already. It’ll get all black on my first smoke anyways but it’s fun to clean up an estate

That turned out pretty nice!

View attachment 1054779

I like your 562! That is my everyday knife. Awesome blade!!

Very happy with this pipe! It’s a little smaller than I remember the 150’s to be, but that’s ok as my other pipes are much to large to clinch. Can’t wait to fire this baby up tomorrow.
9A985042-A9A9-417E-96EC-943992C38C38.jpeg

You guys are killing me with this thread. I used to be an avid pipe and cigar smoker but I had to give it up because my wife (she was my gf at the time) is allergic to tobacco smoke. I miss it so much. :frown1:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
KBven says he has a hunnert pounds if his Jupiter Flake coming down the pike.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Picked these up at the grocery store today. I've been craving a cigar for a while, but I couldn't spare the cash to get my usual box of Red Lions or case of De Nobilis. These will tide me over for now.

IMG_20200127_150207937.jpg

Top Bottom