What's new

Tobacquisitions for May 2015

Another month down and yet another month to get more tobaciana.

I picked up a morta Lovat from pipa Ciro for my birthday last month. I'm normally not into blue on pipes but I liked it so much I had to have it. It's got a great feel in the hand and A very capacious chamber

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430465239.261406.jpg

Another month down and yet another month to get more tobaciana.

I picked up a morta Lovat from pipa Ciro for my birthday last month. I'm normally not into blue on pipes but I liked it so much I had to have it. It's got a great feel in the hand and A very capacious chamber

View attachment 568440

Nice! So wats the first smoke going to be?

2 ounces of pure (bone dry) Macedonian Oriental from Pipes & Cigars, been waiting for a while to get some, it quite hard to find, not sure why it is SO dry though.

2 ounces of pure (bone dry) Macedonian Oriental from Pipes & Cigars, been waiting for a while to get some, it quite hard to find, not sure why it is SO dry though.

All of the blending tobaccos are very dry, I think because taking the moisture variable out of the mix makes it's easier to get consistent blends, batch after batch. If all of the components are dry, they should weigh out pretty much the same every batch.

Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
A few new pipes:

Unsmoked Thompson meer pot:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430627872.574198.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430627885.507021.jpg

Another Thompson meer Dublin. The threads on the stem have stripped the stummel so I need to send this one in to Norwood for repair, but didn't pay much so all is good:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430627963.278161.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430627975.699826.jpg

A Saseini Mayfair. Smallish pipe, about a group 2:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430628030.609520.jpg

This estate rustic black Barling African meerschaum Pot just arrived from Smoking Pipes with several new to me blends to try...
$P1120768.jpg

Couldn't pass up this beautiful Dunhill Amber Root 3111 from the friendly folks in Italy. Wasn't sure she was going to arrive, the FedEx folks screwed up so badly on this one. Worth the wait though. Bent apples and the like are my standard fair, but this one called my name.

$image.jpg

Okay, so most of you know I am leaving soon for Germany (my flight leave Monday). At work today the guys at work threw a going away lunch for me. So I am in IT and work with a bunch of nerdy geeks of which I am proud to be among! Out of 119 people in my division, I am the only pipe smoker. Sad, I know. Anyway, they new I was HEAVILY into my pipes and tobacco. My supervisor, Dan, did what all good geeks would do, he Googled "Hand Carved Pipes". This is what they got me for my going away. I was floored.

$020 (800x600).jpg

$021 (800x600).jpg

$022 (800x600).jpg

The scotch is a limited edition of The Dalmore called Cigar Malt. Let me tell you, this stuff is smooooth! Not only that, but some Northwoods to boot! I had to light up the Boswell for the hour commute home and it smoked like a dream. Check out that straight grain in the third picture! And this thing is a monster.

Yeah, these nerds know what they are doing. Every time I light it up, I will think of those guys!

Okay, so most of you know I am leaving soon for Germany (my flight leave Monday). At work today the guys at work threw a going away lunch for me. So I am in IT and work with a bunch of nerdy geeks of which I am proud to be among! Out of 119 people in my division, I am the only pipe smoker. Sad, I know. Anyway, they new I was HEAVILY into my pipes and tobacco. My supervisor, Dan, did what all good geeks would do, he Googled "Hand Carved Pipes". This is what they got me for my going away. I was floored.

View attachment 569830

View attachment 569831

View attachment 569832

The scotch is a limited edition of The Dalmore called Cigar Malt. Let me tell you, this stuff is smooooth! Not only that, but some Northwoods to boot! I had to light up the Boswell for the hour commute home and it smoked like a dream. Check out that straight grain in the third picture! And this thing is a monster.

Yeah, these nerds know what they are doing. Every time I light it up, I will think of those guys!

Wow, great gift. Very cool pipe.

View attachment 569830

View attachment 569831

View attachment 569832

Wow. That was really nice. You are fortunate. The folks I work with would sooner stab a fella in the back or run them down.

Top Bottom