What's new

Tobacquisitions for June 2015

Well were half way through the year and many have acquired some wonderful gear. Let's see what June has to offer.

I picked up a Wessex sandblast panel with a hand cut Cumberland stem. Was NOS but I already put a couple bowls through it.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433206796.159920.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Well were half way through the year and many have acquired some wonderful gear. Let's see what June has to offer.

I picked up a Wessex sandblast panel with a hand cut Cumberland stem. Was NOS but I already put a couple bowls through it.

View attachment 575989
Very nice. How you you like it? I've been looking at some of those Wessexes.

Very nice. How you you like it? I've been looking at some of those Wessexes.

I am enjoying it a lot. The blast is beautiful as is the stem work. Smokes very dry as well. The seller said this pipe is probably from the 70's or 80's. The wood is really dried out and light as well.

Two more African meerschaums joined the collection today, both Manx Aboriginal finish, a bent Brandy and a bent Billiard...
$P1120886.jpg

Last edited:
A small order from Smoking Pipes just arrived...
Dunhill's Three Year Matured Virginia (1 tin)
Dunhill's My Mixture Baby's Bottom (1 tin)
McClelland's Aurora (2 tins)

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
A small order from Smoking Pipes just arrived...
Dunhill's Three Year Matured Virginia (1 tin)
Dunhill's My Mixture Baby's Bottom (1 tin)
McClelland's Aurora (2 tins)

Love to hear your thoughts on the two new dunhills once you smoke them.

Love to hear your thoughts on the two new dunhills once you smoke them.
I'm curious as well. I never understood how tobacco manufacturers can discontinue a blend then reintroduce it many years later and have everyone swoon over it. Why discontinue it in the first place? Discontinuing something usually means sales are slow or a component is unavailable. In this case I would say sales were most likely down down. Go figure?

I support local B&M today and bought a package of pipe cleaners and a tin of Perterson 3P. $36 Canadian and change. I don't support them very often!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've tried both now, too be honest I'm not impressed, I found them kinda ashy, Durbar too.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a bowl of some Savory's Baby's Bottom from he 60s or 70d and it was divine, so I was hopeful. The mature Virginia also sounds like my kind of thing, but the reviews so far are lackluster. Had the same experience with Durbar and found it pretty meh. Aperitif on the other hand, I thought was excellent and added some to my cellar.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a bowl of some Savory's Baby's Bottom from he 60s or 70d and it was divine, so I was hopeful. The mature Virginia also sounds like my kind of thing, but the reviews so far are lackluster. Had the same experience with Durbar and found it pretty meh. Aperitif on the other hand, I thought was excellent and added some to my cellar.
I agree, Aperitif is the best of the four for me as well.

Top Bottom