What's new

Tobacquisitions for July 2014

Rob and Andrew, very nice scores you two. The Three Oaks Syrian I had tonight. Great stuff. Got only one extra tin for the cellar. Don't clean them out before I can reorder, Rob.

Barely back in town a day and I have a box of Liga (thanks to Boris getting me hooked on those) a bunch of single cigars a few tins, and this little beauty... $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405292052.126803.jpg

Rob and Andrew, very nice scores you two. The Three Oaks Syrian I had tonight. Great stuff. Got only one extra tin for the cellar. Don't clean them out before I can reorder, Rob.

No fear of that. My orders are very few and far between. A lovely blend though. Enjoying the 3 oaks overall? I guess so if you're reordering. :)

I may or may not have been drunk and skyping with Rick Black a couple of weeks ago and ordered a morta pipe. But a Rick Black Morta pipe definitely came today :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405344443.723794.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I may or may not have been drunk and skyping with Rick Black a couple of weeks ago and ordered a morta pipe. But a Rick Black Morta pipe definitely came today :)

View attachment 472434

Nice!

Oh, and about the Middleton Apple, I do think it's one if the best drugstore pouches. The apple flavor is light and a little sour apple tasting. Very pleasant and decent nuttiness from the burley too.

I could do this as well, but then I would get a "Credit card declined" notice...:sad:

Very nice pipe! Since I don't own a Morta I have to ask, how does it smoke?

I now have three Morta pipes and I love them. Some people say they're like meers but I wouldn't draw that comparison. If anything they're kind of like a cob that doesn't sweeten the smoke. They have a terrible taste when breaking them in but after about 5-8 bowls, they smoke very nicely. You can keep puffing them throughout the day and it's avery light material. I recommend it.

When Andrew drinks, sometimes pipes disappear, and sometimes they appear after a period of shipping. It's a magical gift!

I now have three Morta pipes and I love them. Some people say they're like meers but I wouldn't draw that comparison. If anything they're kind of like a cob that doesn't sweeten the smoke. They have a terrible taste when breaking them in but after about 5-8 bowls, they smoke very nicely. You can keep puffing them throughout the day and it's avery light material. I recommend it.
Mine didn't taste bad at all when I broke it in. I didn't really pick up much of a taste at all, if I remember correctly.... which is partially why I liken it to a meer.

I'll be interested in how you think Rick's morta compares to your others... if at all.

Today I received my order of argila tobacco from hookahset.com. I ordered 19 250 gram packages of tobacco, plus one 50g box to make 4800 grams. The whole order is Nakhla tobacco. It's hard to tell by the picture but the ones in the back row are the flavours I bought multiples of, just stacked on top of each other. They don't have the boxes or packaging they come in, just the bags of tobacco, since it's easier to ship to Canada that way. Fortunately I didn't get hit with duty on this order$IMG113.jpg.

The flavour list includes: Mizo Blueberry(x2); Mizo Cherry(x2); Mizo Peach; Mizo Mint; Mizo Orange;Lemon(x3); Chocomint; Rose(x2); Sweet Melon; Margeurita(x2); Pistachio; Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruits; Banana; and 50g of Ice Lemon Mint.

. Fortunately I didn't get hit with duty on this order.

Fortunately you didn't.

You know if you're in Australia and customs takes duty on an order that size you'd be paying roughly $2400 in taxes. Crazy. I'm crazy jealous of your order too by the way. :)

Nice!

Fortunately you didn't.

You know if you're in Australia and customs takes duty on an order that size you'd be paying roughly $2400 in taxes. Crazy. I'm crazy jealous of your order too by the way. :)

Nice!

If I got charged that kind of duty I wouldn't accept the package lol. I've only been hit on one order,$240 for a $150 order. Hookahset's pretty good for international buyers,flat rate shipping and none of my orders from them have been hit. They have been known to make mistakes on orders though, I wouldn't order anything other than tobacco from them. They don't label packages as tobacco if you ask them not to.

I took advantage of a few cigar deals on CigarBid and CI the past week or so.

Total damage:
5 - 5 Vegas AAA Torpedo
4 - 5 Vegas Classic Torpedo
4 - 5 Vegas Gold Series Torpedo
4 - 5 Vegas Gold Maduro Torpedo
5 - Diesel Unlimited Maduro Gordo
5 - Punch Bareknuckle Belicoso
5 - The Griffin's Robusto

Finally fell victim to CigarBid looking for a cheap 5-pack...several unplanned bids later and my <$20 planned order turned into:

5 Ghurka Beauty XO
1 Natural Ltd. Irish Hops
1 Acid Ltd. Def Sea
1 Nub 358 Cameroon
1 Tin of Cuban Honeys

Top Bottom