What's new

Tobacquisitions- February 2019

Looks like you have become quite the pipe collector :)
:001_smile Yep so far I’ve yet to have buyer’s remorse, but I have experienced seller’s remorse (once) :001_huh:

A pipe tamper from Brian Orton featuring his tree bark treatment. The center post unscrews to reveal a bowl spade. My pics are poor- looks much better in real life. I am thinking of getting one of his pokers done the same way.

View attachment 953492 View attachment 953493 View attachment 953494

I need to get on Instagram apparently - sweet tamper - like something JRR Tolkien might have used..

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Brian is on Facebook, also Also, there is a group called Artisan Pipes that he and a bunch of other pipe makers are part of. It is a very dangerous group to follow. :)

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Was given a very generous sampling of 4 different tobaccos today. I received some Heinrich’s Reserve CRU #2,
Stonehenge Flake, Dark Stone Kentucky and some Home and Hearth Anniversary Flake. I am looking forward to trying all of these over the next few weeks.

R/
Dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Nice tight package arrived this day.

Pipe Tobacco Feb 2019.jpg

(Am I the only one having trouble posting through Tapatalk??)

Took advantage of the IPSD sale at SmokingPipes:

Kramer's Father Dempsey.
Two brass Zippo pipe lighters.
C&D Epiphany, Bluegrass, and John Marr.
Obsidian stem oil.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My IPSD purchase arrived today from smokingpipes. This Jerry Zenn is nothing like my usual preferred aesthetic - long and lithe, where I generally prefer short and stubby. Something about it, though, caught my eye when I first saw it almost three years ago. It popped up as an estate on SP recently, and my IPSD funds were duly allocated. Great blast, exceptional engineering, and in almost pristine condition. Plus, it sits like a champ. Very, very happy with this pipe...

20190222_175843.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
My IPSD purchase arrived today from smokingpipes. This Jerry Zenn is nothing like my usual preferred aesthetic - long and lithe, where I generally prefer short and stubby. Something about it, though, caught my eye when I first saw it almost three years ago. It popped up as an estate on SP recently, and my IPSD funds were duly allocated. Great blast, exceptional engineering, and in almost pristine condition. Plus, it sits like a champ. Very, very happy with this pipe...

View attachment 955726

Sweet pipe man.

Feels like deja vu

Yep, I admit this was kind of an impulse buy. As it dawned on me that I apathetically stood by and let the Dunhill and McCleland blends that I liked so much slip away, I figured its better to have it and not need it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yep, I admit this was kind of an impulse buy. As it dawned on me that I apathetically stood by and let the Dunhill and McCleland blends that I liked so much slip away, I figured its better to have it and not need it.

Last time I saw you get 5 pounds it was like “Wow that’s crazy!”.

This time it’s like “good idea I should do the same” :lol:.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

View attachment 955726

Wild pipe, Dude! Very cool! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom