What's new

Tobacquisitions - December 2020

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Went to one of the local B&M today for the first time and found these. I was surprised to see the Kingfisher and bought 2 of the 3 tins they had. The C&D “house reserve” looks interesting and from what I can find is a 1000 tin limited run distributed to B&M shops only. Rumor is that they get good amounts of Esoterica when there are drops as well as other interesting items that may be hard to find.
View attachment 1201925

Nice! Everyone needs a honey hole like that. Wish I had one.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member

I’m glad I found this one. It’s been in business long enough that it started out as a pipe shop and then started selling cigars. One of those places that you walk in the door and it’s hazy from the regulars smoking pipes and cigars by the front window.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Final tins before the start of the new year.

79CA2C11-ECDF-49BC-BEF5-2ACBDD8A75CE.jpeg

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Have you had the MacB navy flake before? It's relatively potent. I had the spins first time I smoked it early in my pipe smoking journey. 😁

You're a bit more experienced at this point than I was then. But fair warning. 😁

Never tried it before. I’m not necessarily in a hurry to crack the tin. My hope and desire is to refurbish the tobacco cutter first and then use it to cut off the first flakes for a pipe. That may not be for a little bit but hopefully within the next 6 months.

Have you had the MacB navy flake before? It's relatively potent. I had the spins first time I smoked it early in my pipe smoking journey. 😁

You're a bit more experienced at this point than I was then. But fair warning. 😁
Really? That's interesting. I still need quite a hit in a couple situations throughout the day. I know it will be better with age, but how is it fresh?

It
Really? That's interesting. I still need quite a hit in a couple situations throughout the day. I know it will be better with age, but how is it fresh?
I don't think it will change much. A lot of potent burley. The VAs will age but I didn't notice much from when I cracked the tin to forgetting about it in a jar and finding it again.

I could be wrong. Maybe someone else will chime in. I see @camoloc smoking it a bit. He might be able to help more on that.

It

I don't think it will change much. A lot of potent burley. The VAs will age but I didn't notice much from when I cracked the tin to forgetting about it in a jar and finding it again.

I could be wrong. Maybe someone else will chime in. I see @camoloc smoking it a bit. He might be able to help more on that.

good fresh. they also released a limited run on a pressed block of it specifically designed for cellar aging or immediate enjoyment.

camo

I’m glad I found this one. It’s been in business long enough that it started out as a pipe shop and then started selling cigars. One of those places that you walk in the door and it’s hazy from the regulars smoking pipes and cigars by the front window.

You found kingfisher?! That’s my holy grail right there. I’d love to have two tins. One for the rare bowl smoke and one seal tin to remember I always had a tin left to crack over on that special birthday or Christmas when I’m taking my permanent rocking chair and looking back on life.

Nice score!

There used to be one of those in Arkansas. I miss that place to this day. A small one room pipe shop. Real nice owner, always glad to talk pipes and tobacco to anyone who wanted to learn more. I was in pain when I learned they closed down. I remember all the tins they had. Stacked everywhere. Being new to the pipe smoking world then, I didn’t take the appreciation I have now. I’m sure I walked past all the rarest of rare blends and didn’t know they were ultra rare. I remember vividly the stack of all the Esoterica blends. He could always keep those in stock. They weren’t anything special to anyone. Just another blend. That’s how I smoked And So To Bed. That tin was when I learned how tin tobacco can change your life. I remember buying a 100g tin of Frog Morton on the Bayou solely because he showed me how they dated the tins on the bottom. His words “like this one, I have no problem selling you this tin that’s from 2003” and I bought it based on that and the rest is history.

Oh to go back to that store today and buy a grocery bag of tins.

I still drive past that location when I’m in the town and reminisce.

You found kingfisher?! That’s my holy grail right there. I’d love to have two tins. One for the rare bowl smoke and one seal tin to remember I always had a tin left to crack over on that special birthday or Christmas when I’m taking my permanent rocking chair and looking back on life.

Nice score!
If you're in said rocking chair, would you remember you had a tin of Kingfisher?

I had some local shops with good tin variety it but all dried up when McCl went away. Everyone and their extended family three times removed went to the shop looking for the old and rare McCl blend. There is still one that I will get a few times a year when I see the magical gold bags being posted around the sites. Sometimes it take a few stops in a week.

My neighbor and sports watching "uncle" was the owner of one of the shops. We get together and solve the worlds problems while smoking pipes and cigars. He has taught me much. He will never buy Pembroke. He loves it. Won't buy it. I got him a bag for Christmas last year. We also had a few Smoker's Haven stores here in Columbus. He would get their Cognac blend when it was available all the time. Wish I was old enough to enjoy pipes when those stores were around...

If you're in said rocking chair, would you remember you had a tin of Kingfisher?

I had some local shops with good tin variety it but all dried up when McCl went away. Everyone and their extended family three times removed went to the shop looking for the old and rare McCl blend. There is still one that I will get a few times a year when I see the magical gold bags being posted around the sites. Sometimes it take a few stops in a week.

My neighbor and sports watching "uncle" was the owner of one of the shops. We get together and solve the worlds problems while smoking pipes and cigars. He has taught me much. He will never buy Pembroke. He loves it. Won't buy it. I got him a bag for Christmas last year. We also had a few Smoker's Haven stores here in Columbus. He would get their Cognac blend when it was available all the time. Wish I was old enough to enjoy pipes when those stores were around...

Me too. We have a few local shops left around here but no one bothers with tins due to the prices. Everyone has their house blends. That sounds like some fun times in the shop.

Top Bottom