What's new

Tobacquisitions - December 2020

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I once contemplated doing that with silicone tubing. How is the bite feel on vinyl compared to the standard rubber ones?
Don’t know. I’m too much of a cheap ***. Thought the standard rubber ones are too expensive. 10’ of tubing was just shy of $6. Will probably last me a few lifetimes. Once I get it where I want it, I put the stem with the tubing in place back in the hot water for about 5 seconds, then clench it in my usual resting spot. My teeth marks create a mould in the tubing. Fits me just fine and haven’t had any issues yet.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Don’t have everything photographed, but over the month I’ve gotten some things. Was able to get some of the GLP Cumberland 20 anniversary blend as well as some more MB Scottish Blend and a few packets of longer pipe cleaners.

The bigger items came last week at an antique shop in Pagosa Springs, CO. Saw the pipe rack and got for less than $1. The tobacco cutter was for $34. I hope to clean it up and use it in the coming months.

8C95FDD6-5CB5-440E-B7A8-1FBEF42AE6FF.jpeg

Don’t have everything photographed, but over the month I’ve gotten some things. Was able to get some of the GLP Cumberland 20 anniversary blend as well as some more MB Scottish Blend and a few packets of longer pipe cleaners.

The bigger items came last week at an antique shop in Pagosa Springs, CO. Saw the pipe rack and got for less than $1. The tobacco cutter was for $34. I hope to clean it up and use it in the coming months.

View attachment 1197899
Pagosa Springs is a cool little town. Hope the plug cutter works well for you. Nice haul!!

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Don’t know. I’m too much of a cheap ***. Thought the standard rubber ones are too expensive. 10’ of tubing was just shy of $6. Will probably last me a few lifetimes. Once I get it where I want it, I put the stem with the tubing in place back in the hot water for about 5 seconds, then clench it in my usual resting spot. My teeth marks create a mould in the tubing. Fits me just fine and haven’t had any issues yet.

Rubber softees are not as expensive as you might think, if you buy the US-made ones.

I’m still working off a bag of 50 I bought 15 years ago. I think I paid under $10, but they now sell for under $20. I can get about ten years out of one (not being a chewer). So with my rotation, that’s a 40 year supply.

I use bites for a softer purchase, especially with the plastic stems. But some use them just to prevent chatter marks, and I can appreciate that, too. For the latter, I imagine vinyl or something harder is a non-issue.

I would never put any pliable substance made in China in my mouth. Those are the ones to avoid.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

View attachment 1197899
Nice additions there Dave!

Outstanding score. You have suddenly acquired an appreciating asset.

I am puffing on a bowl of it this afternoon in your honor.

Right on

I smoked some earlier this morning and realized that I need to try and find some locally, since none can be found on line. BnB has my purchase on back order. So I don't know how that is going to work out?

Not sure how long this will last me? But I'll be on the lookout for more.

Most of the so called smoke shops don't carry it around here. They tell me it's a premium pipe tobacco and they only carry pipe tobaccos in the big bags. Like gambler etc.

Last edited:
Item NameUOMQtyPriceDiscExt Price
Romeo y Julieta Romeo 505 Nicaragua RobustoSingle19.680.009.68
Romeo y Julieta San Andres RobustoSingle110.060.0010.06
Partagas Black ClasicoSingle18.690.008.69
Illusione RothchildesSingle15.950.005.95
Joya de Nicaragua Cuatro Cinco ToroSingle111.600.0011.60
My Father EminentesSingle18.800.008.80
My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit RobustoSingle17.000.007.00
My Father The Judge Corona GordaSingle111.000.0011.00
Romeo y Julieta Romeo 505 Nicaragua ToroSingle19.840.009.84
Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro RobustoSingle18.250.008.25
AJ Fernandez Last Call Maduro FlaquitasSingle16.800.006.80
Visol Sawtooth Cutter Silver
Padron LondresSingle15.300.005.30
Padron Londres MaduroBox of 261137.800.00137.80

I smoked some of the Perdomo Maduro. Tasty and strong in nicotine. Taste was good but still like Padron better. I feel the other Nicaraguan lines I got will be the same. La Aroma de Cuba is one I forgot to add. I will get to it next time.

My hope is to find something that is as good as Padron so I have a change, but doubt any will surpass it.

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Went to one of the local B&M today for the first time and found these. I was surprised to see the Kingfisher and bought 2 of the 3 tins they had. The C&D “house reserve” looks interesting and from what I can find is a 1000 tin limited run distributed to B&M shops only. Rumor is that they get good amounts of Esoterica when there are drops as well as other interesting items that may be hard to find.
563E6322-F38B-40EA-95F5-7C70237EF4B3.jpeg

Top Bottom