What's new

Tobacquisitions - December 2020

I'm looking forward to that myself. I've heard wonderful things. To that end, I treated cellar to a tin of Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls and Mac Baron Virginia No 1.

On the Virginia thing, has anyone tried D&R 3Sails Virginia 'pipe' tobacco? I have not tried it in a pipe but in a cig it is great. Around 30 pounds of it, hehe. Better than the Dunhill Flake and Stokkebye Navy Virginia out of a pipe. The Navy was pretty good though.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Generally wise with Virginia in general, but particularly with C&D I understand.
Good advice. VAs almost always improve with some time.

Staggered one or two cans each year, I put up Reiner LGF for a decade.

One is finally ready. In the next couple of months, I will be cracking it open.

It will be worth the wait.

Chacom Reverse Calabash. This thing is pretty small, and super light. Think I’m gonna have to cut a longer vinyl bit for it. Will be a good clencher me thinks.

Also got a lb of Match Country Doctor. Don’t know why, but I really like this blend, and I’m usually an English, full bodied fan.
2FD6B6C2-A4F6-4C7C-97A3-B505A21706B9.jpeg
0A30E961-0A62-4368-8E68-04E8ACFFB24F.jpeg
885632D6-6BAB-4A40-BB8E-203DCA09AAB2.jpeg

Not exactly tobacco or pipe, but very closely related; I finally received my order from Topmylar.com, 100 pint 7mil gusseted ziplock mylar bags. They are usually fast shipping, but these apparently got caught in the USPS logjam. They shipped on the 8th and arrived today - 10 day priority shipping. That's not as bad as a pipe for my son-in-law that was mailed from Cup O' Joe's on the 8th and received at the post office in Queensbury NY, where "Package Acceptance is Pending". I don't hold out much hope for that one, but you never know, they might find it hiding behind a trash bin and get it sent on.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Not exactly tobacco or pipe, but very closely related; I finally received my order from Topmylar.com, 100 pint 7mil gusseted ziplock mylar bags. They are usually fast shipping, but these apparently got caught in the USPS logjam. They shipped on the 8th and arrived today - 10 day priority shipping. That's not as bad as a pipe for my son-in-law that was mailed from Cup O' Joe's on the 8th and received at the post office in Queensbury NY, where "Package Acceptance is Pending". I don't hold out much hope for that one, but you never know, they might find it hiding behind a trash bin and get it sent on.

That reminds me that I need to restock.

Found these in a B&M today. Anyone know anything about it? I've heard of Tsuge tobacco and the tin mentioned Daughter's and Ryan and Drew Estate...plus the tin art is outstanding 👌. Looking up reviews later.
View attachment 1196884
They're STG blends like the Drew Estate and all all the cigar company branded tins. Slight variations on existing blends. Should be solid smokes! They haven't been in production for a few years so should be ready to smoke!

Ordered a couple more cobs. A straight mark twain and a straight great dane spool. Really impressed with the forever stems from Vermont Freehand, so I got two more for the new cobs.

Had to do some surgery on the current cob. Found out pipe ash/dottle works as good as cigar ash for making pipe mud. Guess time will tell if it holds up well.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
No pics..but

I picked up Fuente Anejo 888 x6
Softy Pipe bits

Bittersweet as I dont have a place to smoke cigars at the moment..but hey they just got released.
There you are! You've been missed!

Interesting softee bits. Never seen the clear ones before. Do tell.
Clear vinyl tubing. I cut off a piece with a sharp knife, then use warm/boiling water to make it permeable and slide it over the stem. Coffee cup half way full of water on the beverage setting usually gets it warm enough. I use a spoon to help get it onto the stem.

Top Bottom