What's new

Tobacquisitions - December 2019

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Truthfully every day has been Christmas for me for quite a while. Being in Canada things start to get even more hung up at the border. Or some times not.

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner . . . there are the seven others.

I'm waiting on a pipe for my 60th birthday. Might be a couple months late or maybe closer. All fun.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Truthfully every day has been Christmas for me for quite a while. Being in Canada things start to get even more hung up at the border. Or some times not.

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner . . . there are the seven others.

I'm waiting on a pipe for my 60th birthday. Might be a couple months late or maybe closer. All fun.
Are you doing a commission?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Indeed. With Dustin Franc.

Basic description is a bent egg morta with black bamboo stem with a bit of red on the knuckles of the bamboo.
I am already thinking of my next commission. I want to use an exotic wood that you almost never see, but is safe for making into a pipe. I will probably reach out to Dustin and Paul (Larrysson pipes) to see what they can come up with. May ever try Yiannos Kokkinos for good measure (I don’t have one of his yet, but he does great work).

on edit: yes, it’s a sickness

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am already thinking of my next commission. I want to use an exotic wood that you almost never see, but is safe for making into a pipe. I will probably reach out to Dustin and Paul (Larrysson pipes) to see what they can come up with. May ever try Yiannos Kokkinos for good measure (I don’t have one of his yet, but he does great work).
Oh, BTW, the Artisan Pipe group on Facebook is a dangerous group to join.

Special occasion cigars
CD90C9D0-7229-4F9E-9DF0-BBDF21965F60.jpeg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Man that is a huge pile of nice. I really do hope you get those special occasions when you will enjoy them.

Got some good everyday smokes in today, not as good as those “special occasion” smokes I got in the other day, but still very solid. Normally don’t order this much tobacco, but living in Phoenix this is the only time of the year you can do it without risking your smokes getting ruined in shipping.
08CBDECF-0EA3-4FAA-A01E-B574C980A988.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

This is last month but only opened the box today. Yes I have a problem :).

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Got some good everyday smokes in today, not as good as those “special occasion” smokes I got in the other day, but still very solid. Normally don’t order this much tobacco, but living in Phoenix this is the only time of the year you can do it without risking your smokes getting ruined in shipping.
View attachment 1041326
Like those My Fathers. Good sticks.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Very nice, you gonna blend some of those or smoke’m as is?

As is man. Well that’s the plan anyways. If in 10 years it’s not what I envisioned then I’ll probably spike it with some Perique that will have similar age on it.
Yes you do- you need to open your boxes sooner. :lol:

The fact that I left it in the box for so long is definitely a symptom of a bigger problem lol!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As is man. Well that’s the plan anyways. If in 10 years it’s not what I envisioned then I’ll probably spike it with some Perique that will have similar age on it.

The fact that I left it in the box for so long is definitely a symptom of a bigger problem lol!!
I hear that. I does amaze me, though, how some of the guys can go months before smoking a new pipe. I am lucky to get it fully out of the box first. :)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I hear that. I does amaze me, though, how some of the guys can go months before smoking a new pipe. I am lucky to get it fully out of the box first. :)

I have yet to smoke my 2019LE. I take it out the bag, fondle it, give it a few test draws, then put it back in the sock. One of these days.

Top Bottom