What's new

Tobacquisition - August 2019

Not perfect but it looks a little better now.

full

All cleaned up, after two and a bit hours rubbing with a magic eraser:

full

full

full

Not bad for two euros, it actually looks much nicer in the sun, the colour is lovely, it's got one fill that I can see and the rim of the bowl is a little bashed up. Managed to sand down the cake, it looked like whoever owned it previously only ever smoked half bowls, now it smokes great and there's no ghosting that I can taste.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It has been a while (IPSD in February) since my last pipe purchase. I've been low key looking for a cool-grained olive wood pipe for years...came across this one on Artisan Pipes a couple weeks ago, and it arrived from Italy today...

View attachment 1008418
View attachment 1008419
That FB Page is dangerous. I wish that guy in Viet Nam would stop posting pics of his coconut wood pipe. :) Hmm, I don’t have an olive wood pipe in my collection

Couple of really cheap estate meerschaums I managed to grab, love the stem on the little one (also makes me think it's 70s or 80s) and the big one is a like a monster Van Cleef. No cake to speak of, "reamed" them with tissue and they came out relatively clean, no markings apart from the "36" on the biggie. Does anyone have any idea on date? I'm presuming not, as it's hard to ID unmarked meerschaums, I have seen similar CAO ones to the big one, I thought it was worth asking anyway. The stem's a little looser than I'd like on the big one, any way of sorting that (I haven't got a clue with meerschaums, I'm presuming the beeswax trick won't work, may have to go with heating the stem and trying to widen it).

full

full

full

It's an Oom Paul I suppose, or close enough.

full

full

full

full

full

That's lovely @Kilroy6644, I wanted one, I'm really getting in to bulldogs, but the postage killed it for me, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Also got this Chacom with the two above, been cleaning it, thought I was done then saw it in the sunshine :D

full

Bit of an unusual one for me, would the shape be a Zulu? It bought it had been repaired, because of this:

full

Can only make out "Chac Rel", Chac is Chacom obviously but not sure on the rel

I can't see any cracking that would need repairing, but maybe it's not gone all the way through, I think someone's just added a military mount though, the pipe looks like it's been used maybe 10 times maximum, probably less, so I don't think it's a repair, more of a mod, makes for an unusual pipe anyway.

full

Two part stem:

full

Anyway, back to scrubbing the stem haha

Last edited:
Last one from me, received this Lorenzo "TV Pipe" this morning, needed a bit of a cleanup and it's come out really good, I think, lovely colour. Has a scratch on the plastic screw-in mortice, I'm pretty sure I can sand that out though:

full

full

full

full

full

@Kentos few more angles for you :)

Top Bottom