What's new

Tobaccusitions August 2020

My buddy (who doesn’t smoke cigars) just picked this up.
90EAC466-78FD-40F1-9049-23DE61341A93.jpeg

15963735799594389527150357896442.jpg15963736045192969340467393591086.jpg

Went to one of my favorite tobacconists yesterday. That's 2 oz each of PS LBF (headed for a jar to chill for a year), PS Optimum, and C&D Orions Arrow. And a bent MM cob. I don't know what style, it was in a cigar box with them and the same thing straight for $7 each. Orions Arrow looks really interesting, I'm looking forward to trying that! And I know if I don't like Optimum on its own, I have enough burley ribbon cut to make anything good.

And the carton of Camels are there to start a tangent. In Maryland, that carton would run me in the neighborhood of $87. In Virginia, a mere hour drive, $55. That difference paid for the tobacconist.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
100+ a carton in Hawaii. Have you ever rolled your own? Much better flavor, use less tobacco and supposedly less bad for you if you use the premium tobacco.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
100+ a carton in Hawaii. Have you ever rolled your own? Much better flavor, use less tobacco and supposedly less bad for you if you use the premium tobacco.
Not to mention RYO is so much less expensive.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Camel regulars are just under $90 in SC now. When I was in college, they went for $2.10 a carton. I freaked when they went up to $4 a carton. Gave them up. According to the CIP $4 would be $26 in today’s money.

@Kentos , I'm sorry, I didn't see that back there. Yeah, once upon a time I rolled my own. As I stated driving for work more and more, I find myself smoking more than I thought. So I'd stop and get a pack to hold me over. Gradually that became the norm.

Rolling my own was fun though. That's where I fell in love with Peter Stokkebye. Led me down the path of cigars and then pipes, my new love.

brandaves

I use snusdirect for my two orders. Snusme. Snuscentral etc have good reps. The Reddit Snus has a lot of info and updated list of stores.
$30 shipping...whoa, you gotta put in a good size order to make it worth your while.

$30 shipping...whoa, you gotta put in a good size order to make it worth your while.
Correct. That is anywhere with regulations in place that it requires a 21+ signature. 40+ tins usually makes it super nice compared to buying general around here. Some stores it's $5 a tin. Others it is upward if six. I'm probably saving $60. But I have to store it.

Shipping I think was $36 for 52 tins. Some places have a buy 10 and get a couple free. They also usually have a $.20-.50 discount if you buy ten or more if the same thing.

If you have someone near by that would want to split an order it makes it a little easier as well

brandaves

Correct. That is anywhere with regulations in place that it requires a 21+ signature. 40+ tins usually makes it super nice compared to buying general around here. Some stores it's $5 a tin. Others it is upward if six. I'm probably saving $60. But I have to store it.

Shipping I think was $36 for 52 tins. Some places have a buy 10 and get a couple free. They also usually have a $.20-.50 discount if you buy ten or more if the same thing.

If you have someone near by that would want to split an order it makes it a little easier as well
I don't know enough about it to be ordering that quantity. Maybe my next move will make shipping better...or if I use an FPO address.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My latest batch of samples finally arrived today. No picture though, as I stashed them away immediately to stave off being tempted to open them ahead of time. You can't see much anyway, as they're just rolled up green bags with warnings and ugly pictures on.

The contents of those seven ugly bags, are 15g of each of the following Gawith Hoggarth loose tobaccos:

• Reunion Series No.27 Perique Flake &
  • Reunion Series Brown House Roll Cut
I already have a sample of the third member of the Reunion Series, Bourbon Flake
  • No.7 Broken Flake
It's been about five years since I last had some No.7. I really enjoyed it, from what I can recall.
  • Dark Flake Unscented
I never really paid this blend much attention before, on the assumption that "Dark" anything is too bold a taste for me. Time to test that.
  • Bosun Flake
This is a bit of a rare treat, as this is normally only available as Bosun Plug
  • Jamaican Flake
Formally Rum Flake, this sounds like one I'll really like... or really won't
  • Ennerdale Flake
I have smoked this a few times before, and enjoyed it. It's been a while though, and I want to see if that's still the case now my horizons have broadened.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
It's here!

IMG_20200808_121559075.jpg

IMG_20200808_121613285.jpg

A Peterson Sherlock Holmes was always on my wishlist, but out of my price range. I would eye the Kinsale line (same shapes, but lower price), but even those were at the top end of my range, so I never pulled the trigger. But with a $200 birthday present, and the Sherlock Holmes Dark Smooth line matching the the Kinsale price point, I finally picked up this Baskerville. Breaking it in now with some Gaslight (of course).

Top Bottom