What's new

Tobacco Vanille Dupe question

Hello fellow shavers. I recently bought A&E Vanille de Tabac soap and AS, as well as, WSP Vanilla Tobacco AS. Both are inspired by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. The A&E and WPS smell different (both are great smelling in my opinion, but I like the WSP version more - it has a more woody scent to it.) Which is closer to the cologne they are trying to emulate? Also, are there any other brands (e.g. Stirling Haverford) that you might recommend?

TF tobacco vanille is really unique.
so far, i've not found anything that quite matches it.

taylor of old bond st tobacco em's thiers issard tom ford march 27 2021.jpg

TF tobacco vanille is really unique.
so far, i've not found anything that quite matches it.

View attachment 1286318

I agree, nothing I've tried comes particularly close to TF. Having said that, I actually prefer A&E's Vanille de Tabac soap and A/S over Tom Ford. Not by a lanslide, but I would give the edge to AE. Although I must add that AE's offerings do not match the strength or longevity of Tom Ford.

Hello fellow shavers. I recently bought A&E Vanille de Tabac soap and AS, as well as, WSP Vanilla Tobacco AS. Both are inspired by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. The A&E and WPS smell different (both are great smelling in my opinion, but I like the WSP version more - it has a more woody scent to it.) Which is closer to the cologne they are trying to emulate? Also, are there any other brands (e.g. Stirling Haverford) that you might recommend?

I have never tried the authentic TF, but I really like Haverford. Haverford was "inspired by" TF so I don't know if that means Stirling also went off in another direction. With the AS it's a fragrance that lasts the entire day for me.

I had the chance to smell and wear TF T&V a couple of times, and yes, sadly there is nothing even close by a mile, and, no there is no ranking which is the closest because there is none. You get a ton of spiced vanilla and tobacco scents and you can choose what you like best, but nothing even scratches at the TF stuff.

Top Bottom