What's new

Tobacco scents

Are there any recommendaions for tobacco scents in soaps and creams?

I don't mind the pipe scent tobbacco. If there is also a flowery tobacco scent, I would try that out as well.

As if I don't already have enough soaps and creams in my shaving stash. Thanks yo everyone here.

The only soap I have tried had a green tobacco scent. I don't recall what soap it was though, as it was from a PIF a long time ago. It was a good scent though.

There are lots of tobacco scents.

Wet Shaving Products tobacco smells like tobacco flower. They also have one called Blackbeard that smells like a pirate smoking his pipe.

Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars that smells like a good cigar dipped in cognac and allowed to dry.

House of Mammoth Tobacconist has tobacco absolute, but also has cedar to remind you of cigar boxes along with other scents to remind you of the aroma of a pipe and cigar shop.

Grooming Dept Le Tabac smells like Cavendish pipe tobacco wrapped in a leather pouch.

Murphy and McNeil Old Sport does not contain tobacco scent, but it sure smells like a pipe smoker outdoors on a fall day, perhaps wearing an old Cardigan sweater.

Wholly Kaw Entropy includes the aroma of tobacco and leather along with other notes.

Zingari Man The Soloist is supposed to smell like a jazz club with the scents of booze and tobacco.

Then there is Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber. It is supposed to be the scent of a barbershop in the Old West, so it includes the aroma of cedar, cigarette smoke, and gunpowder along on top of more tradational barbershop scents.

Good thing I ask here. Lots of good advice from the experts.

Thanks everyone !!!

More money to be parted from.

Definitely check out:
Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents
Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber
RR Puros
RR Tuscan Oud
A&E Vanilla de tabac

great suggestions above!
don't forget...Tabac (they also have a cream)!!

tabac simpson ralf aust december 22 2018.jpg

OK, so I received four Tobacco shaving cream scents today. One from Amazon, and the three others from WCS.
They were:
Taylor of Old Street Tobacco (how could one go wrong with TOBS ? Its always an instant success; Right ?)
Moon Soap Tobacco Flower
Stirling Shaving Soap Haverford
House of Mammoth Tobacconist

Sadly, I was disappointed with all of the scents. The TOBS had an OK scent, but I find it to be underwhelming. This is going back.

The House of Mammoth & Moon Soap are not for me. Those will be going back.

The Stirling Shaving Soap Haverford has the most potential. I am waffling whether to keep it or send it back. I have other Sterling soaps as sample soaps, and they all smell great. I was hoping to have that same sensation with this soap - in its full-size form. But ehh.

So the lesson learned here is that Tobacco in a shaving cream or soap form is not for me.

Maybe it is for.... @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker . I bet I can get him to buy these from me. 🙃

What do you say SWCT ???

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
So the lesson learned here is that Tobacco in a shaving cream or soap form is not for me.

Maybe it is for.... @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker . I bet I can get him to buy these from me. 🙃

What do you say SWCT ???

You don't know me very well do you? I hate the scent of tabacco. I had a father who chain smoked himself to death with daily 6 packs of cigs per day. My clothes were infused in it, I ended up going to school with people thinking I smoked cigs, and never believed me when I told them I didn't. I stay as far away from tabacco smelling anything as I can.

I will say, I only own one soap from Stirling so far, and have already fallen in love. I think that all my future soaps are going to be purchased from Stirling, I've become an instant fan. And can you feel the love tonight, with your artisan soap, filled with pleasures of sweet black cherry, it is the very best. :p

You don't know me very well do you? I hate the scent of tabacco. I had a father who chain smoked himself to death with daily 6 packs of cigs per day. My clothes were infused in it, I ended up going to school with people thinking I smoked cigs, and never believed me when I told them I didn't. I stay as far away from tabacco smelling anything as I can.

I will say, I only own one soap from Stirling so far, and have already fallen in love. I think that all my future soaps are going to be purchased from Stirling, I've become an instant fan. And can you feel the love tonight, with your artisan soap, filled with pleasures of sweet black cherry, it is the very best. :p
I believe you mentioned it before. It sometimes takes me a couple of reminders to remember if you mentioned it.

I totally get what you are saying about the smoking thing. Thankfully my mom did not smoke and no one in my family smokes. But I did hang out with friends who were chain smokers. So when I came home, I could smell the smoke on me which I could not believe.

Some people like to spend money on smoking. Us here at B&B love to spend money on shaving. And stereo components. And TVs. And automobiles. And records. And tapes (from back in the day). And pens. Yes... pens. I have a bit of a pen collection going on. :cool: They consist of ball point pens, roller balls, and fountain pens.

These are not the 25 cent or $1 Bic pens, or a 12 pack of pens for $5. We are talking about the classic Papermate Pens, the Parkers, Conklin, Sailor, Waterman, Cross, Lamy. And a few others.

PAA Cavendish is one of my absolute favorite scents, not just my favorite tobacco scent. I pair it with PAA Cavendish Shampoo, PAA Cavendish Body Soap, PAA Cavendish Aftershave & Cologne, and PAA Cavendish Natural Deodorant (but not the matching Star Jelly).

Like you, I DESPISE the scent of cigarette smoke. My father did not smoke, but he would bowl in a league 1-2 nights per week. His clothes would come back stinking of smoke. The smell gave me headaches and nausea. I hated it.

I grew up in Richmond, VA which at that time was the tobacco capital of the world. I loved the aroma of tobacco as I walked though downtown Richmond near the Liggett and Myers Tobacco factory where they made brands such as L&M and Chesterfield. I have toured the R J Reynolds cigarette factory a few miles away. But I only smoked one cigarette in my entire live and hated the smell and the taste; I was never tempted again.

Although I never smoked cigarettes, when I was younger I did smoke a pipe for a while and then later high-quality cigars. I still have a cigar chest partially filled. Every now and then I enjoy taking one out occasionally to enjoy the aroma of the tobacco, but It has been years since I have smoked one.

The point of all this is that there are many scents associated with tobacco. I hate scents that smell like tobacco smoke, but love the aroma of cured tobacco.

Like you, I DESPISE the scent of cigarette smoke. My father did not smoke, but he would bowl in a league 1-2 nights per week. His clothes would come back stinking of smoke. The smell gave me headaches and nausea. I hated it.

I grew up in Richmond, VA which at that time was the tobacco capital of the world. I loved the aroma of tobacco as I walked though downtown Richmond near the Liggett and Myers Tobacco factory where they made brands such as L&M and Chesterfield. I have toured the R J Reynolds cigarette factory a few miles away. But I only smoked one cigarette in my entire live and hated the smell and the taste; I was never tempted again.

Although I never smoked cigarettes, when I was younger I did smoke a pipe for a while and then later high-quality cigars. I still have a cigar chest partially filled. Every now and then I enjoy taking one out occasionally to enjoy the aroma of the tobacco, but It has been years since I have smoked one.

The point of all this is that there are many scents associated with tobacco. I hate scents that smell like tobacco smoke, but love the aroma of cured tobacco.

I think Ray summed things up nicely. The smell of aged tobacco leaf or flavored pipe tobaccos is wholly different than the wreak of burning cigarette or cigar tobacco (which I also can’t stand). While I enjoy Stirling’s Haverford (based on Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille cologne) there are so many incredible soaps and fragrances out there, that not experiencing a tobacco scent is certainly not the end of the world.

PAA Cavendish is one of my absolute favorite scents, not just my favorite tobacco scent. I pair it with PAA Cavendish Shampoo, PAA Cavendish Body Soap, PAA Cavendish Aftershave & Cologne, and PAA Cavendish Natural Deodorant (but not the matching Star Jelly).
Dude, I ordered the PAA Cavendish shaving soap and aftershave entirely on the strength of your post. Just tried them, and I am very pleased, both scent and feel. Just thought you should know you made a difference in the world today. Cheers!

Dude, I ordered the PAA Cavendish shaving soap and aftershave entirely on the strength of your post. Just tried them, and I am very pleased, both scent and feel. Just thought you should know you made a difference in the world today. Cheers!
Thank you for sharing the great news!

Just got TOBS Tobacco leaf.

Very very mild scent, probably milder than all other TOBS I tried (about 10).

Top Bottom