What's new

Tobacco scents

I unexpectedly ended up with a gift card, so I decided to order a tub of "Sherlock" by Chiseled Face Groomatorium. I've not heard much about this maker, but the Amazon reviews lead me to believe it'll be leather and tobacco without the sweetness that exists in pipe tobacco scents. I'll report back after I receive it and lather it up.
Got that because I've red tobacco and reviews were 5 stars on WCS but it's not really tobacco but still like it.

I unexpectedly ended up with a gift card, so I decided to order a tub of "Sherlock" by Chiseled Face Groomatorium. I've not heard much about this maker, but the Amazon reviews lead me to believe it'll be leather and tobacco without the sweetness that exists in pipe tobacco scents. I'll report back after I receive it and lather it up.
Oh man I absolutely love that soap! I honestly don't pick up any tobacco scent in there though. It's wet grass and dirt to my nose but I really love that profile. Is that what vetiver smells like? I'm not sure.

I think the performance is great too. Looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

I just posted my thoughts about the Sherlock soap on a thread dedicated to it here.

Overall, I thought it was great. I especially love the scent. But I agree with MrBeez, there isn't a hint of tobacco scent in it. But the scent it has is fantastic.

Just a dumb question does it really smell like tobacco? If so why would you want smell a used cigar first thing in the morning 🤔
My gf would be on my *** like nobody's business being an ex smoker.

Just a dumb question does it really smell like tobacco? If so why would you want smell a used cigar first thing in the morning 🤔
I've never been addicted to smoking so can't address that. But there's a big difference between tobacco scents that smell like tobacco fresh flower and the smell of an ash tray.

I'm assuming that it smells like unburned tobacco leaf, not an ashtray.

Cavendish is very nice. Reminds me of a tobacco shop.

Eventually I would like to try Extro Cosmesi’s tobacco scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve yet to smell a tobacco scent replicating a used dirty ash tray and hopefully I never will. I find pipe tobacco , cigar humidor, curing tobacco leaf, tobacco flower centric very pleasing. Some are mixed with things like cognac or Amber which give the scents another dimension but still very tobacco centric.

Right exactly. The burned ashes would be disgusting really. We're talking about the unburned/unsmoked tobacco either fresh or cured. It's like coffee, some folks don't like the taste of coffee but love the smell of coffee beans. I used to have a professor that smoked a pipe and I used to love it when he would load his pipe cos we all could smell that sweet tobacco. And even with cigars, which I smoke a few times a year, I enjoy just smelling the rolled tobacco of an unlit cigar. And then there is the actual fresh, undried tobacco leaf which I haven't smelled before, but I know some soaps have that scent.

Cavendish is very nice. Reminds me of a tobacco shop.

Eventually I would like to try Extro Cosmesi’s tobacco scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed Van Yulay has a Black Cavendish. I assume there must be a difference between "regular" cavendish like PAA's Cavendish and Black Cavendish?

I received my order of RazoRock Puros soap and aftershave, and tried them this morning.

I can report that this smells nothing like tobacco, not a bit. I smoke cigars and have a few humidors. This stuff smells nothing like a cigar, or the inside of a humidor.

The soap has a very mild scent of licorice. No tobacco at all. The soap itself lathered up nicely and provided great slickness. I had a comfortable shave.

The aftershave is a strong scent of licorice. It actually smells exactly like Tabac aftershave, which also doesn't smell anything like tobacco.

Overall, I like the soap's performance but I'm disappointed in the scent. I'll use the rest of the tub but won't order again. Bummer.

I received my order of RazoRock Puros soap and aftershave, and tried them this morning.

I can report that this smells nothing like tobacco, not a bit. I smoke cigars and have a few humidors. This stuff smells nothing like a cigar, or the inside of a humidor.

The soap has a very mild scent of licorice. No tobacco at all. The soap itself lathered up nicely and provided great slickness. I had a comfortable shave.

The aftershave is a strong scent of licorice. It actually smells exactly like Tabac aftershave, which also doesn't smell anything like tobacco.

Overall, I like the soap's performance but I'm disappointed in the scent. I'll use the rest of the tub but won't order again. Bummer.
Have you tried Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars or Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber?
If it haven’t you’ll definitely get a pleasant (IMHO) tobacco scent.

Have you tried Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars or Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber?
If it haven’t you’ll definitely get a pleasant (IMHO) tobacco scent.

I haven't because I don't like the smell of scented tobaccos, like pipe tobacco. I'm looking for a straight up tobacco scent.

To me it smells like straight up leather. I too don’t pick up any tobacco but I understood it’s supposed to smell like drying tobacco leaves? I’ve never smelled those so just figured it smells just like leather 😁 I can say Van Yulay Puros La Habana does smell like cigars sitting in a humidor though. But curious to hear once you find the tobacco scent you’re looking for.

I haven't because I don't like the smell of scented tobaccos, like pipe tobacco. I'm looking for a straight up tobacco scent.
The most accurate way I can describe Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber is similar to tobacco leaf curing in a barn. My wife who grew up around that in Tennessee concurs. It definitely doesn’t smell like sweet pipe scented tobacco.
Have you looked into the new TOBS tobacco leaf offering? It’s not like Pipe scented tobacco. Just my thoughts. Good luck finding one you like.

I feel your pain brother... same here... had tried quite a few and none smelled like a humidor, not even the one soap that's called "Humidor".

It's all sweet, vanilla or fruit... I am on the same quest - to find and get a soap that smells like a fresh unlit cigar.

I feel your pain brother... same here... had tried quite a few and none smelled like a humidor, not even the one soap that's called "Humidor".

It's all sweet, vanilla or fruit... I am on the same quest - to find and get a soap that smells like a fresh unlit cigar.
I hear you guys, as tobacco centered offerings are my favorite and always have been. I recently obtained one from CBL Soaps that may be up your alley. He actually created it after I had asked if he was going to be offering any tobacco centered scents in 2021, him and I communicated back and forth a tad bit and he had created one of his offerings, Cigar Shop Hombre. Now this is just my nose, but I don't get much, if any sweet from this at all. I do pick up the primary scent of a fresh unlit cigar, so if it sounds like something in your wheelhouse, I would highly recommend giving it a try. On a side note, it is also a great performing soap.
Here is the link to it:

Top Bottom