What's new

Tobacco scents

I just got Vanyulay’s Puros La Habana and that’s just like moist cigars in a humidor with just a bit of a peppery bite to it. Quite nice but not your sweet pipe tobacco smell. I also like Razorock’s Puros which is more mild to me, although the first time I smelled it it did remind me of A&D ointment 😄

For the sweeter scents I like Central Texas Soaps’ Tobacco & Amber and The Artisan Soap Shoppe’s Humidor. On my list to try is PAA’s Cavendish which gets a lot of praise around here.

Smoke up!🤣

Enjoyed a smooth shave with the comforting sweet pipe smell of The Artisan Soap Shoppe's Humidor this morning 👍

E943B45E-FE86-4803-B2E9-2B58AD9FA950.jpeg

Anyone happen to have tried Grooming Dept's Le Tabac? Looks like it may lean towards the pipe tobacco side of things but not sure. I'd love something like a sweeter cigar scent. Like something in between pipe and cigar if that makes sense.

I purchased it and have used it once. If you’re looking for a real tobacco scented soap I would pass on this one. The tobacco scent is faint at best. The scent is pleasant but I would be hesitant to call it true tobacco. My other half agrees with me. The soap itself is fine but if you’re expecting the tobacco scent to be prominent, it won’t be.
There are so many more tobacco scented soaps on the market that you don’t need to analyze what Le Tabac smells like.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am keen to try another Tobacco scent. I currently just have HSSC Havana Sieja which is a sweet tobacco scent.

Can anyone make any recommendations? I have heard PAA Cavendish and Chiselface Sherlock May be ones to try?

thank you
Nobody seemed to have mentioned Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber. I love it and think it smells like tobacco curing in a barn. They also make Tobacco & Vanilla which is a bit sweeter to my nose.

I purchased it and have used it once. If you’re looking for a real tobacco scented soap I would pass on this one. The tobacco scent is faint at best. The scent is pleasant but I would be hesitant to call it true tobacco. My other half agrees with me. The soap itself is fine but if you’re expecting the tobacco scent to be prominent, it won’t be.
There are so many more tobacco scented soaps on the market that you don’t need to analyze what Le Tabac smells like.
Thanks @sanookd for the feedback! Good to know.

Thanks @sanookd for the feedback! Good to know.
My pleasure, glad to have saved you from a disappointment. I have been a supporter of Grooming Dept and was keen to see what his take on a tobacco scent would be.
I purchased 4 soaps from the last drop... Le Tabac, Incense & Oud, Spa and Bergamot & Lavender.
i liked Spa and Incense & Oud for both scent and performance. Le Tabac performs and the scent pleasant just not what I expect from a tobacco scented soap.
Bergamot & Lavender scent unusable for me. It’s strong like smelling a solvent but everyone smells something differently. The soap performs if you can get by the scent.

This is one of, if not, the favorite of any tobacco scent from any artisan. Such a smooth humidor scent that isn't too sweet, the aftershave lasts all day to.
The aftershave will be in my cart next time if it's not under the tree this week.

I hate to say it, but I was not a fan of the Puros AS. For me, it came off too "powdery". My Wife picked up on it right away too. The soap was a bit more tame and enjoyable.

Razorock's Santa Maria Del Fiore is a big winner in my house though! The combo of the tobacco and eucalyptus just work perfectly together.

I normally only use creams, but was wanting to play with using a soap. I'm combining that with wanting to try a tobacco scent. After reading this thread, I just ordered the Puros soap and AS from RazoRock. I'm looking forward to trying it!

I normally only use creams, but was wanting to play with using a soap. I'm combining that with wanting to try a tobacco scent. After reading this thread, I just ordered the Puros soap and AS from RazoRock. I'm looking forward to trying it!
If you want to play with a tobacco scented soap you might investigate Pre de Provance 63. It is a hard puck(long lasting) with a very nice tobacco scent IMHO.

Sadly, the discontinued SRD Opus X. Imo, SRD (Straight Razor Designs) had the best melt and pour soaps I ever used, and Opus X was at the top of the list. I found the scent similar to crushing a strong black cavendish tobacco in the palms of your hand. When I smoked a pipe, black cavendish was my favorite tobacco. I still have half a tub of Opus X which I use a couple times a year. I also have maybe 2 shaves left of their West Indies Bay, another favorite.

I unexpectedly ended up with a gift card, so I decided to order a tub of "Sherlock" by Chiseled Face Groomatorium. I've not heard much about this maker, but the Amazon reviews lead me to believe it'll be leather and tobacco without the sweetness that exists in pipe tobacco scents. I'll report back after I receive it and lather it up.

Top Bottom