What's new

Tobacco scents

Hi,

I am keen to try another Tobacco scent. I currently just have HSSC Havana Sieja which is a sweet tobacco scent.

Can anyone make any recommendations? I have heard PAA Cavendish and Chiselface Sherlock May be ones to try?

thank you

I have Cavendish, good soap, but too sweet for me. Long Rifle "1776", scent is Cigar leaf, Mahogany and Cedarwood
Long Rifle "Brown Bess", scent is pipe smoke and leather. I like both Long Rifle's as the scents are on the softer, natural side
if that makes sense. Henri et Victoria "Cognac & Cuban Cigars" is a good one. Razo Rock "Tobacco #2" smells just like a tobacco barn but I don't think it's available any more. RazoRock has "Puros" as a tobacco scent that is well reviewed.

Hi,

I am keen to try another Tobacco scent. I currently just have HSSC Havana Sieja which is a sweet tobacco scent.

Can anyone make any recommendations? I have heard PAA Cavendish and Chiselface Sherlock May be ones to try?

thank you

Ariana and Evans/ The Club Signature
Stirling Haverford
Both great scents and great soap bases.

Semois Valley by Karve Shaving Co is a great fresh tobacco scent, but the soap base is not necessarily amongst the best, in my experience.

I heard Moon Soaps Havana is also a nice one, but haven’t had the opportunity to try it myself so far.

Last edited:
imho, Tabac is one of the standard benchmarks for tobacco scents. Has leather and spice along for the ride.
every serious shaver should try it !

tabac simpson ralf aust december 22 2018.jpg

I ordered this PAA aftershave the other day. “Malbolge” I have no idea what it’s going to smell like, but looks interesting.
Malbolge Scent Profile: Tobacco, Citrus, Anise, Musk, Patchouli, Burnt Sugar, Black Pepper & Benzoin Resin.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I enjoy tobacco flower or green tobacco. I have one by Tcheon Fung Sing right now. The same TFS soap is sold under the Mondial label, I believe. In the past I've liked Razorock's Zi Peppino. I no longer have the soap but I always have the splash here. Terrific summer scent.

This topic seems to surface quite often on this forum. My favorites include Eufros Tobacco, WSP Tobacco, Joserra Rodrigo de Jerez and Asylum Old Virginia. The last two are now out of production and therefore difficult to obtain. The same with Mickey Lee's Grand Havana which is a pleasant soap to use.

Sadly, I would not bother with Moon Soaps Havana. The soap is decent but the scent is not worth reaching for IMHO. Others may differ on this one.

A&E/The Club Signature has a boozy bourbon note but has a tobacco component to it as well (" The notes include Bourbon, Tobacco Absolute and Sandalwood. I blended both Arabian Sandalwood, as well as Tunisian Sandalwood notes for this offering. To round out the base, I added a bit of Agarwood"). Charkalis seems to incorporate tobacco notes into many of his excellent soaps.

A kissing cousin to Signature would be Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon which the maker describes as follows: "Well blended notes of Tobacco, Bourbon Vanilla from Madagascar, Ginger, Vetiver, Cypriol, Ylang-ylang and Cassia absolute. Gingery vanilla gives off boozy notes without being too sweet on the drydown. Tobacco comes into play in the middle notes. Woody and earthy notes from Cypriol and Vetiver tone down the sweetness."

Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars for me.

It is one of those soaps that may cause irritation for some people though.

I have to praise Razorock's Puros, as it is one of, if not my favorite tobacco scents. It isn't sweet and pairs well with the splash, both of which I highly recommend.

Some other tobacco scent favors are Zingriman's The Essentials, WSP Tobacco, Crown & Crane's Cognac and Cubans, and Phoenix and Beau's Spitfire.

Top Bottom