What's new

Tobacco breath

My partner hates the smell of smoke, especially on my breath. I am getting back into pipes a but but was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of the smell on my breath. I have tried Listerine, brushing teeth, and Listerine again and I can still smell it.

Any ideas are much appreciated

My wife doesn't like it, either. I have a beard so pipe smoke really "flavors" my bristles. It's part of the package, I'm afraid. She has learned to live with it, and I guess that's a good thing. Have a curry?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I don't think Altoids are going to help if two rounds of Listerine, and teeth brushing doesn't work.

My wife doesn't like it, either. I have a beard so pipe smoke really "flavors" my bristles. It's part of the package, I'm afraid. She has learned to live with it, and I guess that's a good thing. Have a curry?
Don't have a beard but my missus can smell it on my breath for about 2 days... Eating curry that often will probably lead to other issues :lol:

Eat garlic. Lots and lots of garlic.
proxy.php

My wife is a 3xDay teeth-brusher... when she smoked (I don't) it made not a whit of difference.. her breath always smelled smoky.
I have a hard time talking with the the people I work with who smoke. I'm always backing away or trying to get them beyond my nose-range...

My wife is a 3xDay teeth-brusher... when she smoked (I don't) it made not a whit of difference.. her breath always smelled smoky.
I have a hard time talking with the the people I work with who smoke. I'm always backing away or trying to get them beyond my nose-range...
I vape most of the time but do occasionally enjoy a cigar or my pipe.

I used to have an occasional cigar when she was a cigarette smoker. she had quit for about 9 or 10 months when we went to dinner in Nuremberg at O'Shea's Irish Pub. Sitting by the river, I had a cigar after dinner. She had a cigarette, then two then she was back to smoking for another 3 years.. since she quit again about 18 months ago, no matter how much I'd like a cigar or to take up pipes again, I don't dare.

I used to have an occasional cigar when she was a cigarette smoker. she had quit for about 9 or 10 months when we went to dinner in Nuremberg at O'Shea's Irish Pub. Sitting by the river, I had a cigar after dinner. She had a cigarette, then two then she was back to smoking for another 3 years.. since she quit again about 18 months ago, no matter how much I'd like a cigar or to take up pipes again, I don't dare.
To each their own mate. Good for you for being supportive of your wife.

I brush my tongue to give it a clean. I thought it was mints that are better than gum because gum causes saliva production?
Mints have sugar which promote bacteria. While, sugarless gum promotes saliva, which helps wash away acids and the like.

This is all off of the top of my head, as I remember reading an article recently about it. I used to think mints were better too. *shrug*

Mints have sugar which promote bacteria. While, sugarless gum promotes saliva, which helps wash away acids and the like.

This is all off of the top of my head, as I remember reading an article recently about it. I used to think mints were better too. *shrug*
Hmmm interesting

It may also have to do with your particular body chemistry. My wife only complains while I'm smoking or immediate afterwards. I suck on a peppermint and all is well. I have a friend who has breath you can smell across the room. I think it is a dis-order of some kind.

It may also have to do with your particular body chemistry. My wife only complains while I'm smoking or immediate afterwards. I suck on a peppermint and all is well. I have a friend who has breath you can smell across the room. I think it is a dis-order of some kind.
My partner has an excellent sense of smell and hates the smell of baccy.

Top Bottom