What's new

Tobacco Acquirements July 2020

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I depleted my humidors last August, and smoked a single Parodi King that I found in a drawer in February. These will be my first cigars since then. I've barely been smoking a pipe lately as well, so I hope my senses are up for it, and my technique and cadence will be sufficient.

20200718_130519.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Inspired by @Kilroy6644, and being a sucker for a nice bulldog...I too purchased a Bones Balldog. I love it! The size and shape are right up my alley and the grain is beautiful. I plan to let mine color naturally.
View attachment 1127214
I also recieved some snuff boxes from my smoke shop in the UK and 12 snuff bullets from Toque...its been a good morning for tobacco around here!
I left mine alone to color naturally too. It really is a great pipe, and one of the few exceptions to my personal rule of only buying bulldogs (and Rhodesians) that have the double bead lines (the others being my Bones Zuludog, and my Missouri Meerschaum bulldogs).

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I left mine alone to color naturally too. It really is a great pipe, and one of the few exceptions to my personal rule of only buying bulldogs (and Rhodesians) that have the double bead lines (the others being my Bones Zuludog, and my Missouri Meerschaum bulldogs).
I am really liking mine a lot. The size is excellent and falls into my wheelhouse perfectly.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Kentucky Cheroots have been on my list a while...I've seen you get them often so I'm assuming they're worth it? Do you have a preferred vendor where they are available at a decent price?

I haven’t looked many places but I got these from CI. They smell like a fire pit to me so you’ll want to store them away from your good sticks. But once lit they smoke well and it’s just a basic cigar smell. I like em when I mow the yard.

brandaves

I haven’t looked many places but I got these from CI. They smell like a fire pit to me so you’ll want to store them away from your good sticks. But once lit they smoke well and it’s just a basic cigar smell. I like em when I mow the yard.

Thank you sir!

brandaves

Don't hate me. View attachment 1129002Found in the wild. $62 out the door. Not as nice as it could have been but definitely better than not finding it. Especially since I never ordered any of this from a big retailer. Now kicked I lnto a decent supply. 😁
Well done John! I stocked up and glad I did. It's great fresh but I think some age is really going to take that blend places. I'm excited to find out.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The government regulates the price of booze here, so Michigan has it's ups and downs. :)
One of the ups is the Upper Peninsula. Ohio and Michigan (not yet a state) almost went to war over the Toledo Strip. Since Ohio was represented in Congress, it was decreed that they owned Toledo. As a consolation prize, Michigan won the UP. I guess we know who really won that war. :).

What’s scary is I don’t remember how many of those I picked up. It’s all a blur already lol.
I wasn't going to get any but on the recommendation of some many others that it was better than the 20th anniversary or the warped blends I looked for some. Gave up and found two on a website that just set up their online shop. Then I went to get some sticks from my local B&M and see them there. Thought on it for a day and hoped they were still there and they were. Was originally not going to clear them out but greed, mania or whatever took over and I got all four. The new guy at the counter was surprised I go four tins of pipe tobacco. 😂 Didnt let him know it was well regarded and kind of rare since us hobbyists go overboard and cellar it.

I should get back to two bowls a day instead of two bowls a month or else my grandkids are going to ha e a lifetime supply.

Top Bottom