What's new

Toaster conspiracy

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Back in my poor student days we would make toast using one of those campfire marshmallow / hotdog roasting sticks over a burner on the stove turned on high. We only had one campfire stick so we had to take turns. Had to watch it closely and remember to turn it once in a while otherwise it would not toast evenly. I guess that was a one slice toaster.
View attachment 1285043

And I can remember when we were kids going to visit my Aunt on the farm and all they had was a woodstove and they had a gizmo they used for toast over the open stove lid:
View attachment 1285044

That was a great novelty for us kids from the city.
I'm not in the best shape emotionally much anymore, so who knows why your post brought a tear to my eye!

Ya know, I'm at a place/time in life where I have no need to wonder where my next meal, or where or when I'll sleep, so life is good. But it's winding down, lol.

What I wouldn't give to go back in time to visit the young man I was and let him know his life story turned out better than he could imagine, or ever deserved!

I'm not in the best shape emotionally much anymore, so who knows why your post brought a tear to my eye!

Ya know, I'm at a place/time in life where I have no need to wonder where my next meal, or where or when I'll sleep, so life is good. But it's winding down, lol.

What I wouldn't give to go back in time to visit the young man I was and let him know his life story turned out better than he could imagine, or ever deserved!
Me too. I wish I could go back in time and talk to myself as I toasted a piece of bread on my hot dog stick over the crappy stove in that freezing cold dingy basement apartment with mice and tell him, "You know, someday you are going to own a toaster. A two slice toaster. Everything is going to work out fine". And then I would tell him, you are going to own enough shaving gear to shave a mens soccer team for life. And of course he wouldn't believe me.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a General Electric from my grandma.
I think she bought it in 1954.
Still works fine .
My grandparents bought a Sunbeam Automatic in the early 50s. When I moved to Texas in 92, it still made perfect toast. Equal toasting on both sides.
My grandparents had one of those Sunbeam toasters that tick like a clock as the bread slowly rises from the slots. That was back in the early 1960s. Someone in the family inherited it. It still works to this day.
Sunbeam Automatic- can find them on eBay

...and one toaster shall rule them all...

Sunbeam Radiant Control

proxy.php

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The ancient Sunbeams and such have one thing in common. They all predate the now ubiquitous microchip. Other than the Dualit, are there any other new toasters that do not rely on them?

Top Bottom