What's new

Toaster conspiracy

In the past year we have gone through 4 toasters. Poor quality construction...all made in THAT country....and I don't buy the cheapy ones either. Is there some global conspiracy preventing me from making toast in the morning? Such a simple but irritating problem. Do you understand the frustration of looking forward to a bacon and eggs and toast and coffee breakfast on a Sunday morning after my walk and shave only to find the @#$% toaster doesn't work...again...after just replacing the last toaster that broke a month ago! Arrrggghhh...:mad2:

Need advice on a good toaster.

Signed,

Missing my toast.

We have an Electrolux toaster. Had it 10+ years, does what it says on the tin. Not the cheapest option here but it works every time.

The Kitchen-Aid 2 slice Pro-Line toaster is $300. If you eat a lot of toast, you can get their 4-slice version for $450. However, if you go through a toaster every few months, it might be worth it.

i got a black and decker 4 slice, will handle bagel e muff etc ,, bought it 7 1/2 yrs ago, we dont use every day, but works, just clean out the bottom from time to time

shavefan

I’m not a fan
We've had this Breville 2 slice toaster for about 8 years. Still going strong.

We had a similar experience with tea kettles a few years ago. Our 15 year old kettle gave up the ghost so we replaced it with the modern equivalent. It lasted a month. Got another replacement, it lasted about 3 months.

They don't make them like they used to.

Our 15 year old kettle gave up the ghost so we replaced it with the modern equivalent. It lasted a month. Got another replacement, it lasted about 3 months.
So far, the Fellow EKG that replaced a commercial rated bonavita is working great. Touch wood, hee hee.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Just FYI, we have a Breville toaster oven. We love the thing as a small oven, but (of all the things it does) toasting bread is its weak spot. It doesn't do so very evenly.

Now, as for a Breville toaster, I bet that would rock. They make good stuff.

Just a little caveat.

Breville toaster oven :)
best toast and does so much more with the toast if ya want since its horiz and so much more :)

Ive had good luck with appliances.....had a Philips water kettle that lasted over 8 years....
had to chuck it in perfect working condition, and get a Breville which is excellent.

Current toaster is a braun which has been going strong for over 8 years as well.

Some brands I would look at are Breville, Smeg, Kitchen Aid...of course Dualit is cool
if you're cool with the price.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Breville would be the main brand of small appliances in our house, they just seem to work and last ok. My current toaster is a Russel Hobbs heratage 4 slice toaster. We've had it for a few years with no issues. Think we picked it for it's looks, thick toast capability and a brand we know.

Toasters just don't last as long as they use to before they too become toast.
I guess I'd be happy with one lasting 5 years and impressed with 10 years for a toaster now.

dc9e9b99c5c48996bed8f7eaedb8e271.jpg

In the past year we have gone through 4 toasters. Poor quality construction...all made in THAT country....and I don't buy the cheapy ones either. Is there some global conspiracy preventing me from making toast in the morning? Such a simple but irritating problem. Do you understand the frustration of looking forward to a bacon and eggs and toast and coffee breakfast on a Sunday morning after my walk and shave only to find the @#$% toaster doesn't work...again...after just replacing the last toaster that broke a month ago! Arrrggghhh...:mad2:

Need advice on a good toaster.

Signed,

Missing my toast.
Try a toaster oven. My toaster only toasts the bottom half of the bread. It’s a Kitchen Aid. The toaster oven isn’t great. The side facing the bottom toasts more than the top, but it’s better than the toaster. BTW, my toaster oven is a cheapie that’s I got for free.

After reading through the replies, it seems if you could find a 40 year old toaster that still works at a garage sale, it would probably last another 20 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom