What's new

To whom do you send a brush with a good knot but handle you want to replace?

I don't want to mess with trying to do it myself. I just want to send the brush, a Proraso (Omega) with the chromed handle to someone who can transfer the knot into a traditional turned faux ivory/resin handle for a reasonable price.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks, I checked his site first and didn't see where he had handles only. I'll contact him after the weekend.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Will also add a +1 for "Rudy" to the pile, great craftsman sure, but even better person. I think it was him that stated "you can usually choose one or the other to save" (knot/handle). Im actually curious to see how this would proceed in this case, as you have a chromed handle and not the usual resin handle, I imagine it makes think more difficult? since you can't chip/break ot apart... or maybe it makes things easier since it won't break easily I dunno. Just curious.

Im actually curious to see how this would proceed in this case, as you have a chromed handle and not the usual resin handle, I imagine it makes think more difficult? since you can't chip/break ot apart... or maybe it makes things easier since it won't break easily I dunno. Just curious.
That’s exactly what I was thinking…

Im actually curious to see how this would proceed in this case, as you have a chromed handle and not the usual resin handle, I imagine it makes think more difficult? since you can't chip/break ot apart... or maybe it makes things easier since it won't break easily I dunno.
That’s exactly what I was thinking…
The Proraso brush handle will be fairly easy to break, as it's chromed plastic. :wink2:

I sent an email to Vey's listed email address on his site and it bounced back as non-deliverable. However, I realized doing this was folly anyway so I'll live with the chrome handle. Plenty of great boar brushes around with better handles if it bugs me enough.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I sent an email to Vey's listed email address on his site and it bounced back as non-deliverable. However, I realized doing this was folly anyway so I'll live with the chrome handle. Plenty of great boar brushes around with better handles if it bugs me enough.
This is odd.....I am getting many emails to this address, and no one ever reported a problem. Make sure you use the .net extension. Often people use .com as a habit from typing web or email addresses.

This is odd.....I am getting many emails to this address, and no one ever reported a problem. Make sure you use the .net extension. Often people use .com as a habit from typing web or email addresses.
Yup, that's what I did. Unfortunately, your site doesn't have a hot link or even the ability to copy your email from the page so I had to remember it and, obviously, remembered it incorrectly.

Regardless, it occurred to me that to send you the Proraso chrome handle brush and as to have it replaced with your basic old school turned ivory resin (maybe a clone of the Proraso handle but in solid ivory resin) would be more expensive than it's worth. Sorry for the email confusion.

Your not the only one that doesn't like the look of the chromed handle. Toyed with the coloured omega brushes but went with this mondial in the end. Not expensive either.
20220724_192331.jpg

Reactions: CCS
Top Bottom