What's new

To use or not to use: unused Irisch Moos shave stick I didn't know I had

If I only had one, I may keep it untouched (or until I lose my self control and use it). I have three so I am using one already.

So I was rooting through my giant box o' shave stuff I've accumulated over the years, and towards the bottom I discover a boxed Irisch Moos shave stick that looks to be completely unused. (For those who don't know, Irisch Moos was a shave soap from the same company as Tabac that was discontinued in 2012. Smells a bit like a grown-up version of Irish Spring.) Now, I'm a big fan of Tabac, so I probably got the Irisch Moos in the first place because of that connection and then just never got around to trying it. It's a pleasant scent, and if it's anything like Tabac it'll be a fine soap, but part of me thinks I ought to put it on the B/S/T so someone who really misses Irisch Moos can have it, since I probably won't end up using it that much.

What would y'all do if you discovered you had a rare, out of production soap? Use it, or let it go to someone who'd properly appreciate it?
Well, what'd ya do with it? Use it? sell it? bury it under a palm tree in Bora-Bora?
I say vacuum seal it, toss it in the ol' Kelvinator, and leave it for the Grand-kids to sell on ebay!
It's not that scarce, yet...
If one really wants it, the soap can still be found from time to time on ebay in Germany.
Now, if you were talking about Seaforth shaving soap....

I'd just keep as a collectible. I have 3 of these and barely using one. It's a great soap, and I enjoy the scent but I have too much artisanal soaps in my rotation.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Smartest thing I've seen posted today!

No, this would be smart: if Mr. Fine has developed a Tabac-like base - and I think it's like 80% there - someone tell him to make a Sir Irisch Moos scent for it.

Then, the stuff would be essentially back in production for all to enjoy!

AA

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No, this would be smart: if Mr. Fine has developed a Tabac-like base - and I think it's like 80% there - someone tell him to make a Sir Irisch Moos scent for it.

AA
Ok, this is now the smartest thing that I have seen posted today!

AA
I didn't mention it in my post, but it was never "Sir Irisch Moos" as in the royal title "Sir," anymore than D.R. Harris was Doctor Harris as some have mistakenly inferred. SIR International was the original product line. When the word International was dropped, SIR became the name of the product line. The word was always displayed in all caps. It was never a personal "title." These were German-language products, after all. Mäuer & Wirtz effectively eliminated the product line designation and made Irisch Moos a brand in its own right. The SIR logotype was maintained in miniature form on the product box merely to designate its pedigree, as the direct successor to the Mühlens fragrance, for those who remembered that product and were looking again for it.
You may not have been implying that at all, and if so, I apologise, but it seemed a fair misinterpretation that merited clarification.

CBL soaps has a really nice Moos-like scented soap called Sir Fougere if you really don’t want to use the unobtainium :001_tongu

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I didn't mention it in my post, but it was never "Sir Irisch Moos" as in the royal title "Sir," anymore than D.R. Harris was Doctor Harris as some have mistakenly inferred. SIR International was the original product line. When the word International was dropped, SIR became the name of the product line. The word was always displayed in all caps. It was never a personal "title." These were German-language products, after all. Mäuer & Wirtz effectively eliminated the product line designation and made Irisch Moos a brand in its own right. The SIR logotype was maintained in miniature form on the product box merely to designate its pedigree, as the direct successor to the Mühlens fragrance, for those who remembered that product and were looking again for it.
You may not have been implying that at all, and if so, I apologise, but it seemed a fair misinterpretation that merited clarification.

This, of course. "SIR," not Sir - sir.

AA

Who ya saving it for?

It wont last forever. Eventually, like us all, it will turn to dust.

Be honoured its yours to enjoy.
Or swap it/sell it, but dont hoard it.

You may regret selling it.
You will never regret using it, it's a great soap.
Use it, enjoy life!

full
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what razor is that? Looks like a Fatip on a custom handle?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Correct! It's a Fatip comb, Merkur cap, and a Cooncat Bob custom Bull Mastiff handle.

Welcome to B&B! Good eye.
Talk about a custom! I'll bet you wouldn't trade THAT setup for a fancy $500 razor. Beautiful my friend.

Top Bottom