What's new

To use Axe or not to use Axe?

I used to use Old Spice immediately after gym class as my HS didn't have showers. Now, I work outside during the summer, I might need something....
Should I or should I not? I already shower 2x a day...but I don't have access to one during the midday

Axe the Axe. I'd rather smell like I've worked outdoors all day than to smell like anything by axe. I find it just so overpowering and synthetic smelling. It's just horrible, vile stuff even when used in moderation.

/rant

I think a lot of guys on here would avoid using Axe if for no other reason than it's an over-hyped "fad"-type product that every other impressionable guy uses! By nature, DE and straight shavers do NOT "follow the crowd" and use all the currently popular grooming items, whether it's shaving stuff or deoderant or cologne.

Old Spice "High Endurance" in various scents works great for me and smells great too. And it doesn't make me smell like a middle-school or high-school kid.

:confused: You've been a member of B&B for over three years and have almost 1,000 posts, so I don't understand the question. Is everything ok?

If you like it use it. Just because people here don't care for it doesn't mean that no one does. It wouldn't still be on the market if that was the case.

By nature, DE and straight shavers do NOT "follow the crowd" and use all the currently popular grooming items, whether it's shaving stuff or deoderant or cologne.

Sure they do. The crowd that they follow is just a different one and smaller.

If you like it use it. Just because people here don't care for it doesn't mean that no one does. It wouldn't still be on the market if that was the case.

Yes, but the market is middle school to late teen boys trying for their first (or possibly 2nd) girlfriend.

Last edited:
If you like it, use it. I find that on my son, the combination of Axe and workouts smells like Axe and workouts, in a bad way. Other family members agree.

Something to try that might be better is something like the Old Spice Refreshment Towel (available on ebay for a small fortune), or make your own...

Bring a washcloth or paper towel...... wet it...then add in some cheap fragrance-

e.g. Family Dollar Old Spice, Brut, Florida Water. Rub your self down with the towel,,,,,

Put in bag or throw away as appropriate.....

The rubbing/cleaning will kill more of the odor, along with the alcohol.....

or dear i use the uk version of Axe (lynx) i have worn africa for 12 years or so now.. Ive just got the idea of using differnt products for shaving, but i didnt even think of different body sprays... another whole new AD might just open up to me.. if i can give up my lynx and joop obsession...

My brother taught in high schools for 30 years and he says his worst memory was the smell of dozens of male students, drenched in this stuff, roaming the halls and spreading this vast cloud of vile, nostril rotting mustard gas. :cool::cool:

I say go with the Axe, just as long as your boss doesn't have any problems with the distractions from all the hot chicks you will be attracting.

If you do wear axe, don't douse yourself in it. No need to, this stuff is sickeningly strong. A couple of one second taps under clothing at most... then it shouldn't be so powerful.

Either way, I've never seen that stuff cover up any smell whatsoever. Like a previous poster mentioned... if you have B.O. and you spray it with axe... it just mixes the smells. You still smell the B.O.

I find that on my son, the combination of Axe and workouts smells like Axe and workouts, in a bad way. Other family members agree.

There's an old joke about using a pine scented air freshener after using the toilet: All it does it make the room smell like you took a sh*t in the forest. I think the joke also does a good job of illustrating the concept of trying to cover up body stink with fragrance - like Haiti said, all you're going to do is smell like a combination of body stink and fragrance, and it won't be pretty. I don't think you'd be fooling anybody by spraying on Axe or anything else. Besides, if you're working outside all day during the summer, who are you trying to impress by smelling better? Isn't everyone around you smelling just as bad? In my opinion, given your line of work, stinking is just an occupational hazard you may need to suck up, at least during business hours. You already shower two times a day. Personally, I'd let it go at that. The wet wipes might not be a bad idea, though.

I say go for it! I've used the axe & old spice body sprays & try to keep one in my attache for those hot California days that lend themselves to needing a little mid-late day freshen up. Look if we all didn't use a product because of someone's preconceived & unfounded notions, half of us wouldn't even be at this forum reading this post.

Top Bottom