What's new

To those who are doing Movember.

I just got introduced to wet shaving on Nov. 2nd this month by walking in my local Art of Shaving store. The store rep convinced me to stop using cartridges and start shaving with a DE. I thought this would also be a great opportunity to do Movember as well since my office is encouraging all the men to support the cause.

I've been learning and have been shaving anywhere but where my moustache and soul patch resides. I definitely love the ritual of wet shaving. I can say it is a lost form of art that the modern man should be doing again. Just this weekend I've visited an antique store and bought my first vintage razor (A-1 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip) and restored it to being usable again.

Aside from my short time with wet shaving, I'm curious to know that how many fellow shavers who are doing Movemeber are excited to just cut of their moustaches? I can tell you right now, I don't look great with a moustaches and whenever I'm about to shave my chinstrap, I'm so tempted to chop my stache' off!!! It's a temptation, but I'm wanting to hear everyone's thoughts!

I'm doing movember too, but I'm loving the moustache! I'm going to keep it going. it looks pompous and a bit silly, but I still really like it. my friends keep teasing but it makes me want to keep it even more haha!
good luck with your mo!

I too am in Movember and I must say that I can't wait to shave this thing off! I am just over two weeks in and it is driving me nuts! It itches, tickles, and just all around annoying. That and the fact that it makes me look like Joseph Stalin, or Mario from the Nintendo games!

I'm doing it but it's been so long since I have sported a mustache that the itching is getting unbearable. Plus growing a stache cuts down my shaving area and me no likey!

I did a mo last year. It was fun although I looked rediculous. The itching stops after a while though. Three weeks if I remeber correctly.

I had a goatee until about 6 months ago, so this moustache doesn't bother me much. I'm still going to chop it off Dec 1st though.

I wear a mustache year round but the last few years I have shaved it off on Halloween, scaring my wife when I walk out of the bathroom lip naked. The next day it starts growing back for a year.

This is the first time ive attempted to grow a proper mustache (im 23).

Also the first time ive taken part in Movember, and sure i look different but i know its for a great cause :)

Will be glad to get rid of it....i think.....hope SWMBO doesn't start liking it :scared:

I'm doing a stache for Movember, but I just started wet shaving in September. Before that I wore a goatee forever. I hate the look of the stache, but I'll keep it on until Thanksgiving. Then I'll enjoy shaving it off with a str8!

I think it's a terrific cause, but I'm not participating. I'm quite tired of facial hair, having done away with my goatee a few months ago.

All the best,

Rick

Top Bottom