What's new

To Tech, Or Not To Tech.....How Do The Best Techs Stack Up?

So I have 2 shaves in with a new-to-me post-war fat handle Tech. I have had a pre-war Tech for some time now. Right now I prefer the pre-war Tech. To me it shaves closer with less effort. The post-war is probably smoother, but I am struggling to find the angle for BBS on it. It seems to have a very narrow window of effective cutting angle. Granted I'm only 2 shaves in. I'll hold onto it a little longer, but if I don't get the angle after awhile I'll BST it.

I love my new Tech SOTD
SOTD-BRG-K_2022-05-31.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: olive wood Shavemac 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Canada
Razor: BRG palladium plated Gillette Fat Handled Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: King C. Gillette (9)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A superb shave. :biggrin:
I'm in love with my shiny new 1940s Tech. :001_wub:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

So I caved and ended up buying a ball end Tech thanks to this thread. Now I've got two razors in the armory, the ball end and the Super Blue.

What's the recommendation on pairing blades with these razors? Should the sharper blades be paired with the lighter razor or the heavier one? The head geometry is essentially the same so the differentiators would be the weight and the feedback from the razor. Feedback from the ball end Tech is more muted due to its greater mass vs the Super Blue.

So I caved and ended up buying a ball end Tech thanks to this thread. Now I've got two razors in the armory, the ball end and the Super Blue.

What's the recommendation on pairing blades with these razors? Should the sharper blades be paired with the lighter razor or the heavier one? The head geometry is essentially the same so the differentiators would be the weight and the feedback from the razor. Feedback from the ball end Tech is more muted due to its greater mass vs the Super Blue.
I really like GSBs and Gillette platinum blades with the ball end tech

I use Feather, Kai and Perma-Sharp blades in all of my Techs. :)

Top Bottom