What's new

To SV or Not

Hey folks I could use a little help on Saponificio Varesino. I'd like to give SV a try, also my first hard soap. I'm not a huge scent person and wold love to know your thoughts on the scent profiles and strength. I've read the different scent descriptions on West Coast and just can't decide what would be the better choice. And at the price, I'm hoping to make an educated decision. The ones I've looked at are Optumia, Felce, 70th Anniversary and Cubebe. I'd love to hear your thoughts and recommendations. Thanks folks!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I got Cubebe in a PIF and really enjoy it. I’m not a sophisticated scent guy but this just smells great to me. Its user friendly and produces a really nice lather. Post shave feels great. I’m curious now as to some of the other soaps in the SV lineup.

I have Felce and Desert Vetiver. Of the two, I think Felce is the safer bet in terms of being more 'universally' pleasant. Haven't tried any of the other scents, but many sound quite nice. I doubt you'd go wrong with any of them.

I think you’ve got to at least try it.

70th - Think Aqua Gio
Opuntia - Creed Aventus
Felce - Green Irish Tweed
Cubebe - My personal favorite

The scents are quite strong and complex Cologne type scents. The splash is not my favorite. I prefer balms to alcohol splashes though.

Hey folks I could use a little help on Saponificio Varesino. I'd like to give SV a try, also my first hard soap. I'm not a huge scent person and wold love to know your thoughts on the scent profiles and strength. I've read the different scent descriptions on West Coast and just can't decide what would be the better choice. And at the price, I'm hoping to make an educated decision. The ones I've looked at are Optumia, Felce, 70th Anniversary and Cubebe. I'd love to hear your thoughts and recommendations. Thanks folks!
All of them excellent
1606822082580.gif

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
The only problem with purchasing an SV soap is once you get it you will have to purchase another. If you want to avoid wanting all the SV soaps just don't buy any. I was unlucky enough to buy Opuntia, then I had to have 70th and now I'm looking at either desert vetiver or Felice aromatica (though that could turn into both)

I have SV Felce. The scent is fantastic, but it's very light. Once you rinse you probably won't be able to detect it much and probably an hour later it'll fade completely. I don't have the A/S so maybe that will buy you some more time. If you're looking for a contemporary green scent then Felce is probably hard to beat.

Top Bottom