What's new

To shave or not to shave today? That is the question.

I shave every day unless I don’t. I don’t overthink it. I may miss a shave on Saturday or Sunday but it is rare I miss shaving on a week day.

I enjoy shaving and I enjoy having a purdy smooth face. 👍

I have sensitive skin with hard hair, the hair on my neck grows in a spiral. I shave every two days, I don't like shaving because my neck looks like salami after.

Every day for me! First, it keeps things simple: shaving is how I start my day.

Second, (and more important) LOTH here prefers me clean-shaven!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Good morning all!

I can’t make up my mind whether or not to shave today. It’s been 2 days since my last shave and although the stubble is starting to grow back slightly, it doesn’t feel that dense if you see what I mean.

How long is the ideal waiting time between shaves? A highly subjective question I know but I’m just curious in other’s opinions.

Jason.
I shave every day. :)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I get a lot of enjoyment starting my mornings with a SR shave. I shave every day, 7 days a week. It’s just become a regular pleasant part of what I do now. I prefer not to shave ATG and often just do a single WTG pass. I get daily close comfortable irritation free shaves.

For me, the best seems to be 48 hours. I can do 24, and usually do that once a week. 72 hours works fine, but I know that during the 3rd day my stubble is starting to show on cheeks and throat; so if I'm heading to work during that stretch, a 2-day beard is the best compromise.

My work has no real rules about face fuzz. It's just me.

Thanks for all your replies. My beard hair is really tough so the only way to get a neat finish is to do the 3 pass WXA shave otherwise I end up with patchy results. That is the fundamental reason why I got a slant after doing some extensive research beforehand as I have sensitive skin. The closeness from my slant is incredible so thats why I have to wait a good 3 days between shaves.

This may be wandering off-topic a bit but my beard hair is that tough; I am not sure if a normal DE razor would work well (if my Beautytrack razor is anything to go by). So my slant ticks all the right boxes.

Jason.

Thanks for all your replies. My beard hair is really tough so the only way to get a neat finish is to do the 3 pass WXA shave otherwise I end up with patchy results. That is the fundamental reason why I got a slant after doing some extensive research beforehand as I have sensitive skin. The closeness from my slant is incredible so thats why I have to wait a good 3 days between shaves.

This may be wandering off-topic a bit but my beard hair is that tough; I am not sure if a normal DE razor would work well (if my Beautytrack razor is anything to go by). So my slant ticks all the right boxes.

Jason.
As much as I like to tease you about buying another razor, you may be in for disappointment. Speaking from experience, if you don't get one that really bends the blade to keep it rigid, you are going to be going over the same spot repeatedly. As others have mentioned, sometimes mild razors require more precise technique. If you don't get the angle right, the penalty isn't nicks. Make sure you know what you are getting into before buying your next razor. Mild razors really are magic when they work right, they can cut everything evenly. Just not as close.

On average, 6 days a week unless we have an engagement to go to. I usually don't shave on Saturday, but I did today. I gave myself a haircut, which I have been doing for at least 10+ years. I have to do the works-trim sideburns, mustache, and eyebrows, before I cut my hair, with clippers, using 3-4 comb attachments. Keep my hair fairly short, not crew cut, but short and neat. I deal with people everyday on my job(local semi driver). I clean up my neck with a disposable 2-blade razor. Would not even think of using my Parker to trim my neck. When finished with hair, I lather up. Used a new Vokshod today. 2 passes, WTG, usually do a 1 pass WTG, but the Vokshod left some behind. Got a DFS today!!

Top Bottom