What's new

To Saponificio Varesino: "Your Majesty, please accept my apologies"

My face reacts to strong scented soaps. Does SV make a very lightly scented soap? I'd love to try one of them but have been afraid I'd break out or my skin would burn. As Aaron @APBinNCA knows, I had a pretty severe reaction to the B&M soap I got a couple months ago. It took about three weeks to heal up completely.
I have sensitive skin :)I have had two of the popular artisan brands leave me quite red faced :)

SV is my fav soap though :)

SV of the two I have never bother me and for my sensitive skin have the best post feel of all my soaps (still have to try ethos as I hear that is nice)

I only have the Morado 4.3 (new scent from them) and the 70th 4.1
I do think the 4.3 is a touch better ? but so close hard to say for sure
I would say get the 70th as that is my fav scent :)

I did get their sample pack of after shave which is a great way to pick out scents I reckon as they seem quite close to the soap
this code popped up when I was buying the Morado free shipping on the sample pack so could be handy if it still works :)
code: SV1945SAMPLE

Cosmo in the sample pack is so weak I can barely smell it by the time it dries its almost gone ? I do want to try it as a soap I do like the scent have heard others say they think its weak
The Manna for my daughter and myself has this fancy lady soap smell least fav of scent and strong avoid IMHO
Opuntia is a aventus scent if you like those
70th some say is ACQUA DI GIO
I do think the Felce Aromatica is a nice light earthy though if ya like those without being strong from the AS samples

I do find the desc on their site quite accurate of course :)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Here below is a list of the Saponificio Varesino Shaving Soaps I have tried so far:

- 70° Anniversario
- Felce Aromatica
- Opuntia
- Manna di Sicilia
- Desert Vetiver

All the above soaps are in the latest Beta 4.3 version, with the sole exception of 70° Anniversario. Performance-wise the Beta 4.3 are among the very best shave soaps on the market today. Everything about them is just fabulous and superior: scent, lather, slickness, stability, post-shave.

I now have my eyes on the new Morado, which has been highly recommended to me by some experienced wet shaving friends I have here in Italy. No need to rush, I currently have 2 full pucks of Manna di Sicilia and Desert Vetiver to use and, by the way, these two are also my current favourite. But Morado is on my wish list and I plan to get it for Christmas. Has anyone here already purchased and tested the Morado?

Here below is a list of the Saponificio Varesino Shaving Soaps I have tried so far:

- 70° Anniversario
- Felce Aromatica
- Opuntia
- Manna di Sicilia
- Desert Vetiver

All the above soaps are in the latest Beta 4.3 version, with the sole exception of 70° Anniversario. Performance-wise the Beta 4.3 are among the very best shave soaps on the market today. Everything about them is just fabulous and superior: scent, lather, slickness, stability, post-shave.

I now have my eyes on the new Morado, which has been highly recommended to me by some experienced wet shaving friends I have here in Italy. No need to rush, I currently have 2 full pucks of Manna di Sicilia and Desert Vetiver to use and, by the way, these two are also my current favourite. But Morado is on my wish list and I plan to get it for Christmas. Has anyone here already purchased and tested the Morado?
I used the morado after shave from their AS samples pack. I was not a fan of the scent, and I would describe it as a bit too sweet and floral.
However, I think in the shave soap it might work well as the scent is diminished, and should be somewhat unique from their other offerings.

I used the morado after shave from their AS samples pack. I was not a fan of the scent, and I would describe it as a bit too sweet and floral.
However, I think in the shave soap it might work well as the scent is diminished, and should be somewhat unique from their other offerings.
Lol. Morado is my favorite scent of the 8 SV soaps I have. Performance is as you would expect, top notch. Love the AS as well. I think if you like Felce (my 2nd favorite), you will like Morado.

Lol. Morado is my favorite scent of the 8 SV soaps I have. Performance is as you would expect, top notch. Love the AS as well. I think if you like Felce (my 2nd favorite), you will like Morado.
Scents are so subjective. Out of the AS pack, I loved felce. Bought the soap as a result , but is not my favorite.
I prefer Manna to it, and my current favorites are Tundra Artica and Dolomti.

I recently got a tub of Morado - i'd ordered it on a whim as i wanted the 1kg tub of Myrsol Shave Cream (and had already used a tub of Dolomiti so know SV is very good).

As a shave soap the Morado is more strongly scented than the Dolomiti, i'd say - but i don't think SV does 'vulgar' or offensive, it just comes down to your preference and I do like the Morado scent.

As a lather it's very pleasant and performance is as you know already, perhaps more so (the corn etc) - but then after one try on its own i mixed it up 50/50 with the Myrsol into a stick and... still the scent is absolutely lovely. The combination (with the Myrsol Lanolin & glycerin) was remarkable... absolutely the best shaves I've had ( I had to use it the next day also as it was so startling) and that's comparing it to say sticks made of 50/50 Cella x MWF, PdeP 63 x Stirling Sheep and a few other very good combos...

I'm going to use that PdeP 63 x MWF asap so I can make some new sticks with 63 (and/or Bergamot & Thyme) with the Myrsol... see if i'm dreaming or found the perfect hard soap/soft soap or firmish cream combo :eek2:

I picked up Morado when it came out but it currently resides in my "save for never" box. I tried twice but didn't bond with it.

However, I seem to blow hot and cold with SV scents over time; sometimes like today I revisit one that I was previously unsure about (Manna di Sicilia) and frankly I *loved* it, to my surprise. Currently in my "keep in rotation" shelf I have Desert Vetiver, Dolomiti, 70th, Opuntia and Manna di Sicilia. 70th was rescued from archiving when I decided to try it one more time before committing it to exile and lo, it was very nice.

I'm trying to pare down soaps but SV is not helping me very much!

I read a post around here that Morado is very similar to Razorock What The Puck. I have the latter which to me, is a sweet variant of a barbershop scent.

- 70° Anniversario
- Felce Aromatica
- Opuntia
- Manna di Sicilia
- Desert Vetiver

Morado is very nice, Marco. Same stellar performance as all the other SV soaps with a scent that is very close to Boellis Panama EDT.

- 70° Anniversario
- Felce Aromatica
- Opuntia
- Manna di Sicilia
- Desert Vetiver

YUP
I posted not to far back but will brain dump again a year later

Have 70th as a soap but got their aftershave sample pack and full size morado also
my top 5 based more on what make sense in my head to what I smell so might not be real or relate directly to others :)
In order of my favorites based off their Sample pack of aftershave
  • Opuntia - yes - Aventus homage
  • *70th - yes - great citrus top wood amber base cologne perfect light lovely
  • Cubebe - yes - a bit like Morado more top notes come through and lighter less amber more dimensional than Morado
  • *Morado - yes - a bit like Cubebe very light top spicy mostly base amber notes
  • Felce Aromatica - neutral - not bad for a nice earthy just not sure its me
  • Cosmo - neutral - the sample was so weak prefer other like this more wish it was stronger might be in full size or soap ?

what I do find is I bought there Morado kit with soap and aftershave and WOW their aftershaves while pricey do not require as much and as so so so so so nice but I love my old spice also :) ahahahha

OH performance its SV maybe some sleight variance but its SV kinda like saying its a Porsche or Ferrari or pick your fav high end anything :)

but the soaps also got the round hand soap in Morado and has lasted me so long and I do think is my fav hand soap I use Daily by my sink and I do think worth it for me when I finish up so many other brands and testers I will get their soap again !
It is a great simple thing that brings a smile to my face and just works so well they truly just make great hand soap aftershave and shaving soap and kinda curious about some of the other more bath size bars they sell now to :)

curious if you have tried their hand soaps or their aftershaves :)
as I know you are quite into all this as many of us are and fun to hear others thoughts

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
YUP
I posted not to far back but will brain dump again a year later

Have 70th as a soap but got their aftershave sample pack and full size morado also
my top 5 based more on what make sense in my head to what I smell so might not be real or relate directly to others :)
In order of my favorites based off their Sample pack of aftershave
  • Opuntia - yes - Aventus homage
  • *70th - yes - great citrus top wood amber base cologne perfect light lovely
  • Cubebe - yes - a bit like Morado more top notes come through and lighter less amber more dimensional than Morado
  • *Morado - yes - a bit like Cubebe very light top spicy mostly base amber notes
  • Felce Aromatica - neutral - not bad for a nice earthy just not sure its me
  • Cosmo - neutral - the sample was so weak prefer other like this more wish it was stronger might be in full size or soap ?

what I do find is I bought there Morado kit with soap and aftershave and WOW their aftershaves while pricey do not require as much and as so so so so so nice but I love my old spice also :) ahahahha

OH performance its SV maybe some sleight variance but its SV kinda like saying its a Porsche or Ferrari or pick your fav high end anything :)

but the soaps also got the round hand soap in Morado and has lasted me so long and I do think is my fav hand soap I use Daily by my sink and I do think worth it for me when I finish up so many other brands and testers I will get their soap again !
It is a great simple thing that brings a smile to my face and just works so well they truly just make great hand soap aftershave and shaving soap and kinda curious about some of the other more bath size bars they sell now to :)

curious if you have tried their hand soaps or their aftershaves :)
as I know you are quite into all this as many of us are and fun to hear others thoughts
No, I've never used the SV hand soaps. I mainly use the original French Savon de Marseille. If I desire an Italian hand soap I go for Nesti Dante, whose soaps are really high quality, wonderfully fragranced and sold at great prices, too.

Picked up both Morado and Cubebe a few weeks ago, have used both and both are absoultely top notch soaps.
That said, as others have mentioend Morado does err a bit on the sweeter, floral side but to me, at least, is nothing that says "I am not worthy of being as SV soap" by any stretch.
The way I see it, one really can't go wrong with any SV soap from what I have purused reading here and amongst other reviews elsewhere.

No, I've never used the SV hand soaps. I mainly use the original French Savon de Marseille. If I desire an Italian hand soap I go for Nesti Dante, whose soaps are really high quality, wonderfully fragranced and sold at great prices, too.
thanks looked those up for fun seems OK price here for the weight and price

Top Bottom