What's new

To Re(store) Or Not To Re(store)

Thanks, I've restored many razors now since this one and have found that even though this had shumate had so much rust and staining it really didn't go deep into the metal like many others I've done. Perhaps it's just better steel IDK. But this razor has become my go to razor for everything from testing out a new to me hone or technique ect... as it is just the best edge holding steel I have. It can go the longest of any of my blade between touch ups. Point being The OP has what I would consider a very good blade here.

Thanks, if you do, that razor won't need anywhere as much work as mine did. But please research all you can before you do it. If you sent it out it could be done very quickly with just a buffer I would say from the picture. But you could give it a really good polishing yourself if your up to it. Any questions just ask.

I've given it a lot of thought. Right now, In don't have time, experience or available funds to give these razors the restore work they deserve. Nor do I currently have the time to venture into straight shaving (or to recover after trying...lol). Rather than sell them, however, I've decided to trade them for a few items that I've been hunting for to add to my shave paraphernalia collection. I'll be posting them up on Gentlemanly Deals soon, unless someone from this thread wants a shot first.

Top Bottom