What's new

To keep or not to keep

Am relatively new to wet shaving (12 months). I bought a DE starter kit which comprised of a synthetic brush, EJ DE89 and a sample pack of blades. Was ok but wasn’t getting the shave I wanted. Discovered adjustables and now have a FB, Slim and 2 Black Beauties. Question is which one to keep. One has a metal base plate ‘69, while the other has a plastic base plate ‘80 I think. Which Black Beauty would you keep ?

Am relatively new to wet shaving (12 months). I bought a DE starter kit which comprised of a synthetic brush, EJ DE89 and a sample pack of blades. Was ok but wasn’t getting the shave I wanted. Discovered adjustables and now have a FB, Slim and 2 Black Beauties. Question is which one to keep. One has a metal base plate ‘69, while the other has a plastic base plate ‘80 I think. Which Black Beauty would you keep ?
If you have 2 black beauties, a 69, 80. Why not keep them both.

It sounds like your starting a collection of Gillette adjustables. I would keep both, as the different bases make them different. I would keep the two best shavers otherwise.

It sounds like your starting a collection of Gillette adjustables. I would keep both, as the different bases make them different. I would keep the two best shavers otherwise.

I agree perhaps you could hang on to both. That way there are no regrets down the road!

I say keep for now. If you ever find yourself hoarding safety razors/brushes like most of us here, you can always purge the den later to help finance another shave purchase. :001_005:

I'd say keep them all, but if I had to ditch one it would be the plastic-base Black Beauty.
It would be the one that is least likely to tolerate stuff like boiling, solvents, etc. if the need arose.

The 1980 Black Beauty would be the least desireable but may be worth keeping for a future trade. It is also of lower build quality as the plastic will get brittle.

Top Bottom