What's new

To get a merkur 34c hd or keep the 33c with Weber bulldog handle setup?

Hi was wondering if I should get a merkur 34c hd or not currently I had bought a 33c classic and loved the shave also have a merkur 38c hd long from 2014 I hardly reach for anymore due to length aslo doesnt feel right to compared to the gillette superspeed flare tip i know the weber handle bulldog is hard to find anymore i didnt care for razorrocks hd handles its just to heavy and little to long for me

I have never been clear on whether the 33c and 34c are the same heads or not. I only have a 33c. I know the 34c is a 2 piece. Are all the other closed comb non-slant Merkur heads the same as well?

Maggards has a bulldog type handle as well as many others in stainless steel. Many options in terms of length and weight, type of grip, knurling, etc. Will set you back no more than $19 before shipping.

I only have the 33C, and it's a great performer. I'm also not clear on the differences between 33C and 34C. I haven't pulled the trigger on the 34C for that reason.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I only have the 33C, and it's a great performer. I'm also not clear on the differences between 33C and 34C. I haven't pulled the trigger on the 34C for that reason.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I am clear on it now based on Invictas post above.
So the 23c, etc, share the same head geometry too?

They are the same head so you are not gaining much. Perhaps one of the Maggard handles will will be more to your liking and a good balance on the 33C head.
i like my weber bulldog length and weight of it just find razorrocks to heavy of a handle and long sorta but the handle is getting hard to find i just wanted to get for my 42c again that i won a year back or so just dont wanna wear out the threads

Update : found a 34c HD online for a decent deal new looks in pretty good condition ill just buy one to try and have in my collection of merkurs i love the look and size and length of the merkurs nothing really has came real close to me expect the weber ill just keep the 33c for travel or something

Update : found a 34c HD online for a decent deal new looks in pretty good condition ill just buy one to try and have in my collection of merkurs i love the look and size and length of the merkurs nothing really has came real close to me expect the weber ill just keep the 33c for travel or something

Bringing this thread back since I recently traded my RR aluminum Lupo for a Merkur 33C on this forum. How does the Merkur 33C compare to the 34C shave wise? Do you feel one shaves better than the other? Took me a while to get use to the 33C handle. It's slim like the Fatip Piccolo handle. But If I needed to to I can always use a Maggard MR11 handle which I picked up recently.
Thanks.

Top Bottom