What's new

To All the Blades I have Tried

I got em!!!!!

Attachments

• 20211206_153448.jpg
    20211206_153448.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Tested Bic Chrome in Feather QSD2 with PAA unscented soap with a couple drops of my favorite scent.

My score is 3. This blade is bad. Dull. Tugged at hair. Barely cut. Didn't event swipe 3 times and tossed. Nope.
Bic is my usual blade. Very sharp and actually improves after 1 or 2 shaves. There is the occasional clinker though.

Ok first off. Yay cosmic. Secondly these blades are good.

I won't give a 9 until one whole pack is as good as this and won't give a 10 till 3 are consistent, but this brand has the potential.

Far out. I am sending to friends to confirm.

Today was Lord Platinum. Meh. Got a break out. Felt less sharp than rainbow and less smooth than rainbow which I hear are Lord too.

My skin is tired for weeks of everyday shaving so I won't tank the review and will try the blade again, but 5.

Today was Lord Platinum. Meh. Got a break out. Felt less sharp than rainbow and less smooth than rainbow which I hear are Lord too.

My skin is tired for weeks of everyday shaving so I won't tank the review and will try the blade again, but 5.
I am not sure how to talk about this without getting in trouble, but are you doing more than one pass? Are you going back over areas without re-lathering. I know daily you are doing this blind, are you sure that you aren't accidentally washing off lather in ares before you get to them? Shave oil can help in this case as it is water resistant long enough. If you are getting irritation, please don't go into details, it sounds like you still have the skip drag problem. It's probably easier to shave from the ankle up, but I bet a lot of that is against the grain. That won't help.

I am not sure how to talk about this without getting in trouble, but are you doing more than one pass? Are you going back over areas without re-lathering. I know daily you are doing this blind, are you sure that you aren't accidentally washing off lather in ares before you get to them? Shave oil can help in this case as it is water resistant long enough. If you are getting irritation, please don't go into details, it sounds like you still have the skip drag problem. It's probably easier to shave from the ankle up, but I bet a lot of that is against the grain. That won't help.
That could be an issue. I know it was a couple times. I tend to repather often though and have gotten better about it.
I do more than one pass yes. I was baby smooth

I do more than one pass yes. I was baby smooth
Maybe let it go a day or two? Then do like us gents and look at the growth directions, mapping we call it. If you are going against the grain right away, that is a sure way to have trouble. It might not be avoidable, but maybe you can map things out ahead of time. 90% of shaving is technique and I am pretty sure male and female have that in common at least.

Maybe let it go a day or two? Then do like us gents and look at the growth directions, mapping we call it. If you are going against the grain right away, that is a sure way to have trouble. It might not be avoidable, but maybe you can map things out ahead of time. 90% of shaving is technique and I am pretty sure male and female have that in common at least.
It was mostly likely just too many days in a row. This is the first breakout in a couple months of every day shaving. Sometimes multiple.
Addicted

Gave the Bic a second try. New blade. I must have a bad batch. These things are just rough on my skin. I feel ot pulling the hairs and it feels like it's scraping my skin in a bad way.

Changed to rainbow and that blade impressed me more this time than last. I can't believe a 100 cost less than $8

In my short time I have tried lots of blades, but I will contain my reviews to those I have tried in the Festher ASD2 for consistency.

Lather is unscented PAA mixed with Arko.

In order of sharpness
Feather, KAI, Nacet, Derby Premium, voskhod , gillete Silver Blue.

I have others I have yet to try and more on the way.

I think my favorite so far is Nacet.

However, as my technique improves I like Feather more and more.

The KAI is very snug in ASD2
Good to know. My recollection is that the Feather razor is on the mild side, so will happily take on aggressive razor blades. Does anyone have experience experimenting with various blades loaded into an aggressive razor, such as an ATT, Muhle R41, etc?

Good to know. My recollection is that the Feather razor is on the mild side, so will happily take on aggressive razor blades. Does anyone have experience experimenting with various blades loaded into an aggressive razor, such as an ATT, Muhle R41, etc?
Yeah its super mild and I think need very sharp blade.

Top Bottom