What's new

To All the Blades I have Tried

Tested Bic Chrome in Feather QSD2 with PAA unscented soap with a couple drops of my favorite scent.

My score is 3. This blade is bad. Dull. Tugged at hair. Barely cut. Didn't event swipe 3 times and tossed. Nope.

Attachments

• 20211201_113417.jpg
    20211201_113417.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
So still needed to shave and had my lather all ready so to not open a box with wet hands I chose persona med prep.

OMG!!!

This may be sharper than Feathers blade and work better in ASD2 than feather. So when I use a Feather Blade I get sound but no feel. This had no feel and no sound. Soft and luxurious like riding in a Bentley or Rolls.

10. I could use this blade every day

Attachments

• 20211201_113508.jpg
    20211201_113508.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Tested Bic Chrome in Feather QSD2 with PAA unscented soap with a couple drops of my favorite scent.

My score is 3. This blade is bad. Dull. Tugged at hair. Barely cut. Didn't event swipe 3 times and tossed. Nope.
It is not that the Bic blade is bad (same with the Derby Premium). Hundreds of users here will tell you they are great blades. The thing is they just don't work well in the super mild razor that is your Feather.
Since your reference is the Feather blade, I will tell you in advance: not too many blades will give you a satisfactory result. Probably only 4-5.

I am trying to find something helpful to say. The best I can come up with is, hope the other four in the box are better. 🤞
😬

Edit: I wonder if the Feather isn't bending it enough? 🤔

It is not that the Bic blade is bad (same with the Derby Premium). Hundreds of users here will tell you they are great blades. The thing is they just don't work well in the super mild razor that is your Feather.
Since your reference is the Feather blade, I will tell you in advance: not too many blades will give you a satisfactory result. Probably only 4-5.
I hope the PAA is one as a bought a hundred duh.

The med preps are good blades but they are a bit pricey. I am waiting to see what you think of the Rapira Plat Lux. They are not as sharp as some blades but they are smooth. Everyone is a bit different when it comes to blades but i think most will agree on the good ones. To me Derby is garbage. Astra SP is way overated.

I agree with you on the Rapira Plat Lux. It's a great everyday blade and under $10/100 shipped on Amazon. You can't go wrong with these

I finally broke down and ordered a 100. I know that many here swear by the Med Prep blades but I have never tried them. I guess if I don't like them then I will send them to the blade exchange for others to try. There were none listed on the exchange or I would have swapped for a couple.

The "Lab Blue" are very similar to the Med Prep, but a box of 100 is usually around $15. "Lab Blue" is a nickname, not on the package. Some vendors get confused and sell the wrong blades using this nickname, so watch out. The package looks like this and they should say made in USA by AccuTek (sp?).

1638556269079.png

I didn't expect to like this blade cause I love the package.

It's smooth and sharp, but not quite 9 sharp.

Good blade
I believe they are a Lord family blade. Before you go and order 100, maybe instead find ALL the Lord blades on Razor Blades Club and order a pack of each to find your perfect one. Everybody seems to like Silver Star, but I want to try the "Premium" version of the Platinum class.

Top Bottom