What's new

To All of You

As I told you in a PM, putting our, part GSD, dog down was the hardest thing I have ever been involved in, and I was involved in major medical decisons with respect to each of my own dying parents. It has been a couple of years and I still miss her and will never forget her.

But you were a good master to your dog in doing what you did. And it is the nature of dog-human relationships for things to come to that point. It is the cost of the wonderful things dogs bring to us and I hope that we bring them. It is a cost that is very hard to bear and the sadness is inescapable.

It is comforting to me that dogs live solely in the present. They do not worry about the future including death like we do. Your dog was probably very happy to be with you and not worried about any loss of that is every second of her life even at the end.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank YOU everyone. Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated.

It's weird. The house is more quiet and roomier in a not so good way. My other GSD seems to be a little confused and depressed. We introduced him to the rest of the pack hoping he'd make friends with the smaller dogs. He's getting there but a little disinterested. (We have 3 other dogs, kept them seperate from GSD's for a while due to protection. GSD's really protective over babies. Then when Nitrous got 'sick' we didn't want to take any chances, hence the separation.)

I woke up the day after and came into the living room and for a brief second found myself looking for her.

I find things to keep myself busy. Introducing the "pack" back together is one of them. Honing a razor is/ was keeping me really busy. And dang that was fun. Now, I just need to find others to hone b/c I really think I got this first one ready to go. I THINK. Gotta shave test again. LOL.

And, of course reading posts and chatting with the great gents here is great for keeping one busy. Thank you all again.

If I may say this; we all see posts similar to this or expressing some joy or sadness non-shaving related. Don't be afraid to comment on them, no matter how small a comment you never know how much you brighten someone's day. It's like waving hello to strangers in a sense. It speaks volumes, IMO.

Top Bottom