What's new

To all Canadian wet shavers - found new low cost source for alum

I found a new low cost purchasable source of low cost potassium alum in Canada.

The dollarama has just received these crystal deodorant sticks which are pure potassium alum called Cuticura (120G) in a stick format. It's 3 dollars. It's imported by a company in Montreal and states that it is pure 100% potassium alum.

IMG_20170712_151220[1].jpg

The Dollarama i checked today and two in different locations that i bought. Deodorant is in the checkout maze not with toiletries so a fter that was pointed out had to stand in a long checkout line to even get near to where it might be found. Made in China like everything else in the store.

Thanks for the heads up, great price! I've two blocks of Shavex to use up before i crack one of these open so it may a number of years.

dave

Bought and tried,
I very much prefer it to my old block, much easier to apply with the built in holder, great value the size is huge, no noticeable difference in quality between these and my much more expensive block.
Thanks for the tip off!

Watch out for the holder. I had a Razorock alum in holder and thought i'd found the end to my shattered dreams. Wetting the block to apply alum, unknown to me, was slowly dissolving the alum that held it in the holder, one day i wet it and applied and out from the holder the still sizable piece of alum popped, the ceramic floor showed no mercy.
dave

Hey guys!

I know this is not a new thread, but do you know of a Dollarama store in Toronto that may still have some? I checked three locations in North York, but they had no idea.

Thanks

I found a new low cost purchasable source of low cost potassium alum in Canada.

The dollarama has just received these crystal deodorant sticks which are pure potassium alum called Cuticura (120G) in a stick format. It's 3 dollars. It's imported by a company in Montreal and states that it is pure 100% potassium alum.

View attachment 803669

Hi!

I know this is not a new thread, but do you know of a Dollarama store in Toronto that may still have some? I checked three locations in North York, but they had no idea.

Thanks

The Dollarama i checked today and two in different locations that i bought. Deodorant is in the checkout maze not with toiletries so a fter that was pointed out had to stand in a long checkout line to even get near to where it might be found. Made in China like everything else in the store.

Thanks for the heads up, great price! I've two blocks of Shavex to use up before i crack one of these open so it may a number of years.

dave
Hi!

Thanks

I'm in Hamilton and am still working on the first of two i originally bought so haven't even looked here since then.

dave

Top Bottom