What's new

TNNSER 3D

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Does anyone know where I can get one? I see the plans are open source for 3D printers, but I don't have access to one. I'd really love to try it out.

Anybody have one or shaved with one? Experiences?

Many libraries have 3D printers available for use. However, I have no idea what they might charge for supplies.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know where I can get one? I see the plans are open source for 3D printers, but I don't have access to one. I'd really love to try it out.

Anybody have one or shaved with one? Experiences?

I've been eyeing the TNNSER 3D also.

Really cool. :)

brandaves

Just look at it!!

IMG_5736.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've got one and REALLY like it. Another forum I belong to organized a group buy from a 3D-Printer several weeks ago. This razor is an extremely comfortable shaver with better than average efficiency....honestly, to me it is a perfect razor. I can shave quickly without blood or irritation....it's an easy and effortless shaver. In case you can't tell, I am fan!!!
proxy.php

I have a guy at work who is supposed to be doing a couple for me! One in white abs and one in copper pva... Crossing fingers here gets to them soon..

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I was thinking I could print one out at the local MakerSpace, or I have a buddy in a local shop who has custom-printed razor parts for me before (Wardonia baseplates) for a small contribution to his off-road motorcycle habit.

If that works out I will have to find out how much it would cost to have the thing Direct Laser Metal Sintered in 316 stainless or even in titanium. Then, of course, I'll likely need oxygen and a defibrillator. One can dream, though...

O.H.

I had shapeways print me one in nylon plastic. Really nice result, but needed some work before it could be used. Cost less than 30€ shipped.

I also printed three on my reasonably priced Ender 2 3d printer. Takes about three hours per piece. Printing the top cap at 102% size results in nearly nothing to sand down before it can be used.

On the razor itself I can only write that it is a joy to use. Imagine an MMOC that is more lightweight. A close shaver, really nimble. Also it is quite tight no soap and other residue reaches the inside. Rinses well and during shave gets rid of the lather about as effectively as an MM clog pruf.

NOS for less than 30€ or 3 hours of printer time and filament for one Euro. Hard to beat.

If you dig SE and GEM blades in particular, get one.

br
godek

brandaves

I appreciate all the replies, I'm glad to hear from some opinions I trust on the matter...now my only concern is how to get one. I have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas on how a guy with no access what-so-ever to 3D printing tech can acquire one?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have a new Taz coming next week. I always look for something small to test print when I first get a new printer setup. This would be a good one. Just looking for that half size nut currently. Any pointers?

Flintstone65

I have a new Taz coming next week. I always look for something small to test print when I first get a new printer setup. This would be a good one. Just looking for that half size nut currently. Any pointers?
I know a guy who's done a bunch of these....gotta step away for a minute, but I'll be back with the answer (hopefully). Somebody jump in sooner if you know.

Wow -- made it back while I still have "editing power". Here's what someone used who has done several of these:
An M5x0.8mm thin nut and a 20mm flathead bolt.

Last edited:

Flintstone65

I said "bolt" as that was a direct quote, but here in the U.S. we'd say flathead screw.

Top Bottom