What's new

TM Lewin Shirts

Gents,

I just purchased (online mail order) some new dress shirts from TM Lewin in London, England (http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/) and all I can say is wow. Their dress shirts and ties for that matter are a great bargain for the price IMHO. I know some folks might think they are pricey but the overall quality of the shirts/ties makes them worth it; not to mention the typical gorgeous British shirt patterns.

I encourage those folks who are used to the Ralph Lauren Polo type shirt or any other high-end dress shirt to give them a chance. I was a bit hesitant at first to purchase dress shirts online for a variety of reasons but I am so glad I did. I am one happy camper!

http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/webapp/wcs...0001&storeId=10001&categoryId=10153&top=gents

Cheers,

Joe

PS: I forgot to mention that shirts are now on sale and basically running for around $45 per shirts. I at first got just one shirt to see if I liked it and ended up loving it and buying 9 more. They have great customer service and will exchange and/or credit your account if there is any problem.

I too have heard good things about TM Lewin over here http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/Forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=2. I recently ordered several shirts from Coles http://www.coles-shirtmakers.com/index.asp and must say they are fantastic. Easily my favorite shirts during the week. They are not currently on sale, but if you sign up for their mailing list, they periodically have sales similar to Lewin. Why did I choose Coles? Mostly because of the fact that they offered a "classic collar" with less of a spread, unlike Lewin.

Jim

Dripp said:
I too have heard good things about TM Lewin over here http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/Forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=2. I recently ordered several shirts from Coles http://www.coles-shirtmakers.com/index.asp and must say they are fantastic. Easily my favorite shirts during the week. They are not currently on sale, but if you sign up for their mailing list, they periodically have sales similar to Lewin. Why did I choose Coles? Mostly because of the fact that they offered a "classic collar" with less of a spread, unlike Lewin.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I will definitely check out Coles. That is why these forms are so great, the networking and information you can find out is just endless.

In the past (I used to live in Asia) I have gotten shirts custom made at Ascot Chang in Hong Kong and have been very happy with the results but I have since gained some weight and do not feel comfortable giving them the measuresments (they make over 15 different measurements if I recall correctly) and then possibly making a mistake and then having to send them back especially if spending $100 + on a dress shirt. I have a few of the Thomas Mason Silverline and Goldline shirts made by Chang and just love them albeit a bit too snug.

For me the Lewin Shirts are quite similar and fit me quite well ( I am a 17 neck and about a 34 1/2 sleeve) but they are much cheaper. I was able to get the shirts for approximately $44 some odd dollars per shirt which I think is fantastic. I also picked up some ties and I must admit they are the same quality if not better than say a Hermes/Zegna tie but not quite Brioni. For me another great deal, if you do order from Lewin try to do it when they are having a sale like now. I take it you have a few from Lewin? This time around I purchased the "Prince of Wales" collar and I think it is quite nice, I can see where you might think the "Windsor" cut is a "bit spread" as I feel this way as well.

I lurk at Andy's site but do not post as I cannot compete with some of these guys, heck, I am a lowly government civil servant!

I encourage you if have not already, to give TM Lewin a shot, at least try a shirt and tie, if not satisfied they will work with you to resolve the issue.

Best,

Joe

Well, my ability to try a Lewin presented itself this weekend in a most unusual way. I tend to be a "thrifter" and hit the local goodwill at least every other weekend. Recently I have picked up Turmbull & Asser in perfect condition and several fantastic ties for next to nothing. This past Saturday, I was perusing the shirts and I spy a light yellow Lewin, double cuff in a half size smaller than what I wear. I look it over and it is brand new, never worn and in perfect condition. It is a "royal" and a beautiful shirt. I can't wait to wear it and it is so nice, i may very well take them up on the 4 for 100 pound deal.

Dripp said:
Well, my ability to try a Lewin presented itself this weekend in a most unusual way. I tend to be a "thrifter" and hit the local goodwill at least every other weekend. Recently I have picked up Turmbull & Asser in perfect condition and several fantastic ties for next to nothing. This past Saturday, I was perusing the shirts and I spy a light yellow Lewin, double cuff in a half size smaller than what I wear. I look it over and it is brand new, never worn and in perfect condition. It is a "royal" and a beautiful shirt. I can't wait to wear it and it is so nice, i may very well take them up on the 4 for 100 pound deal.

Dripp,

I have been wearing my TM Lewins for the last week or so at work and I cannot tell you how many compliments I have gotten. They are truly fantastic shirts never mind the cheap price tag! There were various folks saying they were tight fitting in and around the arms and waist and in the neck but I have not found this to be at all. I would venture to say they are comparable to the way Polo dress shirts fit. I am actually thinking of buying a few more. I also bought some of their ties and they are constructed very nicely as well. Definitely give them a shot, you will NOT be disapppointed. I see you like to roast coffee? I grind my own beans (Intelligentsia beans) but the idea of roasting my own does intrigue me.

Cheers,

Joe

The lewin I have is a bit too small in the neck, but I think I can move the button to work. I like that they "fit" versus being blousy. I was most concerned about the spread of the collar and now that I have seen one in person, I like it. the fabrick is excellent so I too, will be buying some before the sale ends.

As for the coffee, I do roast my own. In fact, that is where I am going now. I have some Ethopian Harrar, Malabar Gold, aged Timor Malbesse and some decaf guatamalan/Ethipian Sidamo on the menu. It has been about 1.5 years since I started and love the results. You could certainly get started for under $20 with an air popper. Let me know if you want to try some beans, I would be more than happy to oblige. As for Intellegentsia, I have heard great things and would probably go so far as to say that this is the next best thing to roasting your own.

...off to roast...

Jim

Top Bottom