What's new

TJMaxx

Just thought I'd pass along to check out your TJMaxx's and Marshall's in your areas. I just picked up Proraso red bowl, green tube, sensitive aftershave, and a tube of their repair gel. None of it was over $6!

Found some proraso tubs at my local Burlington just tonight. Didn’t get any As I have enough cream for a while. Was at TJ Max the other day and found the same. But there, I also bought some Brut. Not the drug store kind. The French kind.

They expanded their inventory of nice shaving goods around Father's Day, so I'm hoping they do the same for the holidays.

My wife was at TJ Maxx the other day, I told her to look for anything proraso, she came through the door and just shook her head and said "no bueno"

I've never ever seen any proraso at my local TJ Maxx, I'm located in Wisconsin, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am in the UK and we have TK Maxx here. There is very little shaving gear at all, certainly not Proraso! You don't know how lucky you are :biggrin1:

Also nada at TJ Max here in New Orleans. Burlington Coat Factory on the other hand always has a few Proraso items and a few cheap safety razors.

My wife was at TJ Maxx the other day, I told her to look for anything proraso, she came through the door and just shook her head and said "no bueno"

I've never ever seen any proraso at my local TJ Maxx, I'm located in Wisconsin, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

They're a closeout store. Same with Burlington. Mens grooming products of all sorts are not a regular stock item, it's catch as catch can. Either the stores you go to are not being supplied with the stuff or somebody else is grabbing it before you see it.

The local stores around my part of the MKE had various products semi-regularly for awhile but not for the last couple months and I wouldn't assume it would ever be available again. It might, it might not. No way to know.

They're a closeout store. Same with Burlington. Mens grooming products of all sorts are not a regular stock item, it's catch as catch can. Either the stores you go to are not being supplied with the stuff or somebody else is grabbing it before you see it.

Something that has bothered me for a long time regarding Marshalls/Burlington and the occasional Proraso find. If they're closeout stores, they're getting this from other retailers. Who else is selling this stuff before it gets to them?

Something that has bothered me for a long time regarding Marshalls/Burlington and the occasional Proraso find. If they're closeout stores, they're getting this from other retailers. Who else is selling this stuff before it gets to them?
That's exactly what I've been wondering. Where are they getting the good goods?

And not to poo-poo on Proraso but has anyone had luck finding other quality brands at TJX/Marshalls? My local Marshall's always has a tub of proraso but I've yet to see anything else. I know it's basically the luck of the draw with these closeout types, but was just wondering if anyone has had luck with other products.

Also am going to add Burlington to my list of places to swing by.

My best guess is Sephora, unless they're bringing it in from Canada. It appears that Sephora used to carry more Proraso stuff online but they've been phasing it out.

My best guess is Sephora, unless they're bringing it in from Canada. It appears that Sephora used to carry more Proraso stuff online but they've been phasing it out.
I'm not saying you're wrong...not at all. But I've never seen a Sephora sell this type of stuff. Their selection of men's products has been, in my experience, quite pitiful.

I've just learned to buy my supply online and tailor my ordering as such so that as I get down on what I use the most of, I have a cart built and ready to go. IB has been my main supplier now, as well as Maggards.

While it would be great to just run out and get what I need as I need it locally, I know that ain't happening any time soon.

Do you have cheese in your TJ Maxx?

And not to poo-poo on Proraso but has anyone had luck finding other quality brands at TJX/Marshalls? My local Marshall's always has a tub of proraso but I've yet to see anything else. I know it's basically the luck of the draw with these closeout types, but was just wondering if anyone has had luck with other products.

Also am going to add Burlington to my list of places to swing by.

Mine always has an entire wall of good stuff. Some obscure stuff too, but I usually get it on clearance to try it out. Dapper Dan, Duke Cannon, American Crew, and a ton of beard stuff( I don't have a beard). But I like to check all the hair/face products when I can. I keep hoping with all the Proraso stuff they've had lately, I'll luck out and find a bottle of red aftershave.

I have bought all the Prorasos from TJ Maxx in Milwaukee. Burlington is supposed to have this stuff too. Just an FYI

Top Bottom