What's new

TJ Maxx find

I stopped in to TJ Maxx this afternoon and dug through their men's accessories. Here are a couple of things I didn't buy 20180711_163045.jpg20180711_130215.jpg20180711_130648.jpg
And one thing I did buy
20180711_160533.jpg

Yup, seen alot of Proraso products there recently. Purchased a few more than I need, according to my wife like 5 years worth. :a29: At those prices I couldn't help myself.

Good score! In my area products very based on stores. One carries lots of Proraso, one carries a few items, & of the third store carries none.

Yeah the actually had a ton of stuff at mine. I picked up some Proraso green and white at $3.99. I was actually more impressed that they had the pre-shave as well!

But...there were a ton of other shaving soaps there as well, all names that I had never seen pop up on these forums, so I just passed on them. I don't pretend to know all of the "good" soaps but having never heard the names here I figured they were "stocking stuffer" type soaps. The only one name that I do recall is Ed Hardy - anyone ever tried that soap?

But this does remind me that I should stop in to Marshall's after work, it's on my way home. After I picked up the Proraso, the lady says "Really? Another one? I was up there the other day and I counted 7 different soaps on your little shelf" I said "Actually it's 4 soaps and 3 pre-shave lotions".

Fortunately she didn't look in the drawers. Hahaha

Yeah the actually had a ton of stuff at mine. I picked up some Proraso green and white at $3.99. I was actually more impressed that they had the pre-shave as well!

But...there were a ton of other shaving soaps there as well, all names that I had never seen pop up on these forums, so I just passed on them. I don't pretend to know all of the "good" soaps but having never heard the names here I figured they were "stocking stuffer" type soaps. The only one name that I do recall is Ed Hardy - anyone ever tried that soap?

But this does remind me that I should stop in to Marshall's after work, it's on my way home. After I picked up the Proraso, the lady says "Really? Another one? I was up there the other day and I counted 7 different soaps on your little shelf" I said "Actually it's 4 soaps and 3 pre-shave lotions".

There’s another thread around here on the Ed Hardy. I would take a pass...

Most of those "creams" are actually butter, Ed Hardy included. And it has so much fragrance in it, it bothers my skin. I started a thread a couple of days ago about it.
Ed Hardy

I've seen a lot of items recently catering to the trad shaving trend, but I would prepare for disappointment if it wasn't from a brand discussed and approved by our membership..

Picked up a tube each of proraso red and white cream, as well as a tub of proraso red soap. They also had the art of shaving after shave lotion in lavender so I ended up getting two of those too.

Top Bottom