What's new

Titanium Razors - Users Thread

That handle is perfect on any razor!

Any overweight handle makes the combination impossible. It's a clutzy, ham-fisted feel. Precision is impossible... Yet with a stick-like skinny handle, feel is missing. Titanium is perfect; some bulk, little weight.

AA
+1
I have tried skinny handle with ATT SSR1 head wasn't completely happy with the results but putting thicker titanium handle solved the problem
My second titanium handle came in this morning so I will try it tomorrow morning with the SSR1 head first, then Ti .68 SB and then GC .68 so I can decide if I need both of them or just one handle
Also wish I could find someone to borrow Ti .68 SC/SB combo baseplate to see if if scalloped Ti will make any difference over SS

SSR1 head with new titanium handle ready for tomorrow
IMG_20190615_211217.jpg

So I had a comfortable smooth shave a couple of hours ago with the new titanium handle and it really gave the razor great balance and, as I was hoping, razor felt lighter then with cylindrical polished one so razor has great maneuverability. I really like the polished handle with GC .68 head so tomorrow night I will try the new handle with it

D9BA6ADA-5DB4-4A58-A8BE-D6EFA9A0AF2B.jpeg
I have two brushed Ti Wolfman WR2s. Both are dual comb/dual gap. The one on the left is 1.25OC/1.15SB and the one on the right is 1.15OC/1.05SB. I love them both!

I have a matt finish scalloped cap 0.95 Timeless in Ti. I have a Ti handle but find that this razor works well on a heavier stainless steel Triad handle.

IMG_E2518.JPG

I used to have the RR Baby Smooth Ti. Nice razor, but didn’t love the geometry. Sold it on the BST.

Bought the RR polished Ti handle. Like it, but preferred the matte finish, slightly shorter, BS Ti handle. But couldn’t justify keeping that razor just for the handle.

I’ve been using the ti handle on the RR German 37 (works well), and will probably eventually try it on my other RR heads.

Top Bottom