What's new

Titanium Blade Feel

To be consistent, you can shave with a titanium-coated blade. The LOI titanium was definitely smoother than other blades in one of my razors (but not in others).

I plan to put this to the test. I have a Wolfman SS 1.25. Plan on ordering a Wolfman Ti 1.35 when my name comes up as I am on the wait list.
How did this plan work out? Inquiring minds would like to know?
I’m currently very torn being on the waitlist myself. I love my SS Wolfman 1.25SB, so I’m very torn trying to decide if I should go with a 1.25 or 1.35 in Ti when my turn comes up.
I may have missed it elsewhere, but what did you choose?

Thread revival! 💀👻😎

@PRobots I haven’t received the proceed to order from Tara yet but should be soon. I don’t believe the efficiency will be terribly noticeable, I am going to purchase a WR2 1.25 Ti. Looking forward to a very comfortable shave 🙂. Hope this helps!

I completely agree and feel very fortunate to be in a position to even have the choice between Wolfman razors. It’s a nice “problem” to have 🙂.

@slimshavy what is a LOI titanium coated blades?? What are some examples of titanium coated blades??
I got the Wolfman 1.35 Ti. Compared to the Wolfman SS 1.25- The shave with the Ti lasts longer so it must be a little closer shave but not by much. The bigger blade gap has not been an issue which was a concern going in. The Ti is obviously lighter and more nimble but not as light and nimble as my Timeless Titanium which I was surprised by. I still use my Wolfman SS and enjoy it. Bottom line I found the difference between the Wolfman 1.25 SS and 1.35 Ti to be modest. Certainly, no wow factor. That is not a bad thing considering the same vendor produced the razors and the specifications I compared were not much different. I am also not sure there was much room for improvement to begin with.

I may have missed it elsewhere, but what did you choose?

Thread revival! 💀👻😎

Last edited:
I got the Wolfman 1.35 Ti. Compared to the Wolfman SS 1.25- The shave with the Ti lasts longer so it must be a little closer shave but not by much. The bigger blade gap has not been an issue which was a concern going in. The Ti is obviously lighter and more nimble but not as light and nimble as my Timeless Titanium which I was surprised by. I still use my Wolfman SS and enjoy it. Bottom line I found the difference between the Wolfman 1.25 SS and 1.35 Ti to be modest. Certainly, no wow factor. That is not a bad thing considering the same vendor produced the razors and the specifications I compared were not much different. I am also not sure there was much room for improvement to begin with.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm intrigued by your comments about it not being as nimble as the Timeless Ti. What handle did you choose?

I completely agree and feel very fortunate to be in a position to even have the choice between Wolfman razors. It’s a nice “problem” to have 🙂.

@slimshavy what is a LOI titanium coated blades?? What are some examples of titanium coated blades??
Sorry just seeing this now. A company called Samah makes titanium blades under the brand LOI. They also make ones under the Sharp brand name; some are titanium and some are not. I haven’t tried the Sharp titaniums, but the one Sharp I tried was not great.

I have a Tatararazors Masamuna Nodachi in steel and in titanium.

Titanium feels “warmer” (more pleasant) to touch than steel, which is a function of the material, has a better grip in soapy water, and is easier to manoeuvre because of the lower mass.
This results in a “lighter” feel during the shave, which may not be for everyone, as some shavers like the heavier feel of steel.

Both Nodachi heads perfectly keep the blade in place, so from this perspective I did not feel any difference, let alone “blade chatter”.

B.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Second, I hypothesize (but do not know) that titanium conducts heat more quickly and readily than does stainless steel
As a machinist that has worked with both materials, I whole heartedly agree.
I feel it is almost like a plow, the heavier one digs in while a lighter one floats on top.
The only metal chips I have ever seen float were titanium. True doggone story.

~doug~

Top Bottom