What's new

titanium and brass handles from Russia

There was an offer of a group buy on another forum which I participated in. The artisan is known on eBay as one of the three from Russia making titanium razor handles. I bought a bamboo handle from him before and know the quality of his work. This time around, because it was a group buy, we could specify what design we wanted, in titanium or brass, and the length. Because my original bamboo handle was a little too long (4 inches), I requested 3.5 inches. I ended up ordering three handles and they came in today. What I liked about this artisan's bamboo handles was that they looked like real bamboo (which I grow).

The three on the right is what came in today. The one on the left is my original bamboo handle. One new bamboo handle is in titanium, the other is in brass, and the last one is in the design of what most folks call a bamboo design.
DSC02710.JPG

I test fit them on razor heads and one already found a permanent match with my Wunderbar. The others I will play around with for a while. The artisan has an eBay presence and currently he is working on a hammered design similar to the CG handle.

DSC02711.JPG
DSC02713.JPG

Very nice.

It also sadly doesn't seem like those or similar TiBam handles are still available.
I believe he still could make them, but you would need to contact him directly and specify what you want. Of course without the old listings, it would be hard to give him a name or a picture.

There was an offer of a group buy on another forum which I participated in. The artisan is known on eBay as one of the three from Russia making titanium razor handles. I bought a bamboo handle from him before and know the quality of his work. This time around, because it was a group buy, we could specify what design we wanted, in titanium or brass, and the length. Because my original bamboo handle was a little too long (4 inches), I requested 3.5 inches. I ended up ordering three handles and they came in today. What I liked about this artisan's bamboo handles was that they looked like real bamboo (which I grow).

The three on the right is what came in today. The one on the left is my original bamboo handle. One new bamboo handle is in titanium, the other is in brass, and the last one is in the design of what most folks call a bamboo design.
View attachment 977143

I test fit them on razor heads and one already found a permanent match with my Wunderbar. The others I will play around with for a while. The artisan has an eBay presence and currently he is working on a hammered design similar to the CG handle.

View attachment 977145 View attachment 977144
Nice PIF...I'm in!

Those are lovely handles, congratulations! Approximately how long did it take from placing the order to taking delivery?

Those are lovely handles, congratulations! Approximately how long did it take from placing the order to taking delivery?
This was a group order and so it took him a month to make them all first before shipping them out. Once they were shipped, it took less than two weeks. The first one I ordered from him off ebay (where it was already done) took about two weeks to get to me.

I use Evgeny Koshelev for titanium handles - very happy. He negotiates a little. I corresponded in Russian using an online translator, and he seemed to prefer that.

Evgeny Koshelev
Makushino
K-Myagotina 4-7
Russia

I connected through eBay. I used an English-Russian translator. He seemed to like that - gave me a discount.

The off-canter slanted end would bother me as it rested on my pinky, other than that...pretty fine work.

Top Bottom